Chapter 52: Bonding

In the teacher's lounge, Professor Cole sat sipping his afternoon tea when he looked up at the clock.

"Oh man...It's that time already?," Professor Cole said with a sigh. "How gross"

He finished his warm tea and put his cup aside. He stood up and left the lounge. He walked by the office of Mr. Soar who was grouping his class into their teams. Cole looked in and scoffed a bit and continued walking down the long corridor.

"Out of anything, why something annoying as team placement," Cole said to himself. He then finally got to his classroom, 152. He grabbed hold of the handle and twisted it. He peaked into the room a slight bit to see what teams he had. The room was quiet. The room was dead silent, no one said a peep. Cole looked around the room to find that two desks were empty.

"Empty...?," Cole murmured to himself. He opened the door more to find Owen flying backwards, toward the door. Cole jolted and shut the door quick before Owen ran into him.

BAM! he heard Owen hit the door. He heard then laughing and cheering.

"Is that...O-Owen?," Cole questioned. "Not again..."

Cole opened the door up fully to find Trent standing over Owen as Owen's blood dripped from his nose to the floor.

"Oh god, so scary. I think I am gonna cry. 'I'm not gonna fight you'," Trent said teasing his victim. "I told you before loser. You...need...to...fight...me!"

Trent kept kicking Owen after every word until he turned over. Blood streamed down the side of Owen's face.

"Alright! That's quite ENOUGH TRENT!," Cole angrily screamed at Trent.

Trent went and sat back down at his seat. Cole gazed and Owen, then gave Trent a hard glare.

"Is this how you treat a teammate?! Like absolute trash?!," Cole yelled at Trent.

"Murderous ones, sir. I don't think he deserves to live," Trent said in response.

"Murderous, huh...? Anyone else feel this way? Come on, raise your hands," Cole said absolutely furious of what he heard.
The room was quiet. They can feel the thick tension in the air as the angry teacher glared at the class.

One by one, the students of the classroom started raising their hands. One, however, just sat there in what looked like extreme scared confusion. Ella was sitting there wide-eyed and indecisive.

"Ella...?," Cole asked. "Do you feel the same...?"

Ella then looked up at her instructor and nodded.

"And I am guessing that Trent spread this rumor as well...?," Cole said.

"I really didnt have to, everyone knew the truth...," Trent said.

"Well guess what...uh...news flash homies...that's not true," Cole said.

Cole looked around the room and sighed and spoke once more: "look, I don't know what you heard...but it is not true. A person came onto our campus looking to hurt our students...we tried the best we could to fight him off...but he was too strong. Little did we know that...a couple of the students were exceptionally strong and saved the school...Owen was one of these students. The other was Emily...but Trent...he just stood there...stood there and watched...and that's the truth..."

The room was silent. So silent that you can hear a pin drop. Owen coughed and tried picking himself off the floor. With all his might, he tried hoisting himself up but failed as he fell to the ground. The professor lightly grabbed onto Owen's arm and carefully got him to his feet.

Cole then turned back to the class and said, " From now on...I will treat each and every one of you as, not only my student, but I will care for you as though you all are my children. You will be in dangerous situations from now until the end of high school, and let me tell you...none of you will die under my watch. My only suggestion...? Start bonding with your team...because, throughout high school, they will be the ones who are always there for you..."

Cole turned back and slowly walked Owen to the door and opened it. Trent sat back down in his seat and Ella just stared at him in disbelief. She was speechless. Trent gazed at her and lowered his head in utter defeat. Ella gazed to the front of the room.

"I'm so sorry, Owen...," Ella said under her breath.