Chapter 47: Trent vs. Zuuma

Falling. Trying to reach out for something to grab onto, but no use. His body was just falling to the floor below. He braced for impact but then he started floating. Trent then put his feet onto the hard ground.

He looked at his surroundings. It was pitch black. Like being surrounded by the cold deaths of space. He heard a voice. It was Zuuma.

"You win, I won't be contracted to you. You lose, then I am bound to you until you pass me down," Zuuma's voice echoing.

"Win?! How do I win?! I cant see anything and I cant call my blade," Trent shouted back.

"Find me, and once you do, your arm will glow your color and then you may call upon your blade to slay me," Zuuma said.

"Ok?," Trent said.

"But careful, if I manage to strike you without you noticing, then I win. You ready?," Zuuma said.

"H-how do I see?," Trent asked.

"Use your imagination young knave," Zuuma replied.

Trent just sat and thought for a second.

"Magic...? He cant possibly want me to be using magic...there is a barrier...right? Unless he dragged me into his reality," Trent said to himself.

Trent then bulked up his chest and inhaled and shouted, "Fi!" A burst of fire came out of his mouth creating a dim light.

"So this is not my reality that I know, this is an illusion...," Trent said clenching his fist. "That means I might not have the advantage here, I need to find him and fast."

Trent the put out his hand and muttered, "Fi". A small flame then started on the palm of his hand. He stood and looked up at the top of the abyss.

"Maybe if I can find his temple up there, that's probably where he is. He was climbing on the wall," Trent said to himself."maybe I can too..."

He put his left foot up on the wall and tried hoisting himself up. He grabbed rocks above him as he started his ascension. It all failed, though, as he slid and fell to the ground.

"Hmm..."Trent thought for a second. "Magic!"

Trent closed his eyes and concentrated all of his power to his feet. He has done this multiple times in training and now he is finally going to use it. He can feel his feet charge with energy as it glowed green. He then opened his eyes and then chanted, "speera!"

With his feet this way, he gazed up the side of the abyss wall. He then jumped onto the wall and stared running up it. Faster than a bullet, he shot up the side of the wall. As he just about gotten there, he could feel the power giving out. The glow started to fade as he slowed down. He jumped towards the cliff. He passed it when he jumped, but upon his decent back down to the dark abyss, he reached out his hand and grasped onto the edge.
His feet kicking up dust as he struggled to get up on top of the cliff. He brought his other arm up to the cliff and hoisting himself up. His right arm glowing green, he hoisted himself up, but he tripped back down and almost fell off. He then tried pulling himself up all the way. He then called for his blade, and then, he felt a sharp pain in his back. Trent then fell to the ground.

A voice then came from behind him.

"Tsk, tsk. All that struggling. I would watch further, young knave, but we really are running out of time...," Zuuma said as he appeared from the shadows. "You lose"

Trent woke up on the ground near the opening to way out. He opened his eyes and looked around. Everything was back to the way it was. The light still shown from the little hole in the side of the wall of the cave.

Trent sat up and put his hand to his head and looked over. There, laying right next to him was Zuuma's scroll. Puzzled by it, he picked it up...

...and carried it out of the cave.