Chapter 25: Mike

14 years ago, in the small town of Py, lived a blade by the name of Mike Shores. This town was located just outside the mainlands which included the four major cities. Spirit City to the north, and East and West City to the south. Spirit City included the original fire village in it, while Easy City and West City cut the grass village down the middle.

Mike originally came from Spirit City before moving into the little farming town of Py. It was incredibly rural and consisted of mostly farmland. Most fire blades, like Mike, enjoyed the country side and wanted to live in a nice quiet place.

 Mike easily became really well known through how talented he was at fighting spirits. Since his training in Spirit City, he has been burning through the competition of the elites in Py and soon became an elite. As an elite he joined his elite team, Fury. With his two other team members Krystal Mirai and Loki Malnak, nothing could stop them.

Eventually, Mike married Martha and had a beautiful baby boy. It just seemed for a long time that things were going Mike's way. Sure it wasn't the best life, but it was his life. He wanted to live every second of it, until this day. This one day where it all changed the day that he lost his life.

The morning was cold. It was in the middle of winter, so the incredible blizzards coming from the mainlands kept the winter days really brutal for the people of Py, but they tried the best they could. Snow blanketed everything, from the crops to the barns to the shops. In order to keep the animals warm, farmers would have to keep them locked inside the barn and close off all the windows or else the animals would get sick. The farmers still try to feed their animals when they can though, when it wasn't too bad of a snow storm. Mike awoke to hear a strange sound out of his bed room window.

"Mike!! It's an emergency!! Please come out!!," the strange voice outside said.
Mike then got out of his bed and stumbled to his window. He opened it with one thrust with both of his arms and gazed out into the cold landscape to find a man standing in a heavy dark jacket with documents in his right arm.

"Damn it Gordon, what is It? Couldn't you have knocked rather than shout. It's 25 degrees out!," Mike shouted back to the man.

"I am sorry sir, but they know...Infinate knows...," Gordon shouted back.

"Someone notified them of our defenses."

"I-Infinate?!," exclaimed Mike as he backed away from the window. "Be right down."

He closed the window and it slammed with a thud. The sound was loud enough to wake Martha from her sleep. She blinked her eyes and propped herself up with her arms. Her eyelids felt heavy as she tried to keep them up. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"H-honey? What's going on?," She said calling for her husband. Mike took her hand and leaned close to his wife.

"Just a little problem with security," Mike said as he kissed her hand. "Go back to sleep, dear. I will be back later."
He kissed her cheek and then she Embraced him.

"Show them who's boss, Mikey," Martha said as she let go of him so he could get ready. She rolled over to go back to sleep but something inside her was telling her something. Normally she didn't want to let him go, so having a feeling about him going into work wasn't new to her. She knew that his job was dangerous. At some points it can be incredibly life threatening, but this day in particular was different. As if this was the last time she was ever going to see him. She opened her eyes and sat up. She gazed worryingly into the bathroom where he was getting ready and spoke," uh, honey? Would you mind if I come with? I can bring Owen if you would like."

She knew that she shouldn't put little baby Owen in danger, but she thought that if she could protect the both of them, then it's worth a shot going.

"It's going to be a little dangerous today, Martha. It's urgent...," Mike said.

"So, you wouldn't want us to come?," Martha said.

Mike then stopped what he was doing and glanced over at Martha. The expression on his face went from one of confusion of what she meant to concerned of what was wrong. The expression on her face was one of great concern for Mike's well being. He walked over to her and kissed her.

"There is nothing to worry about," Mike said. He then smiled.

"I...I just don't want you to go...please," Martha said as she stroked her husband's face, feeling his rough stubble on the bottom of her fingertips. She looked him in the eyes lovingly. Mike then sighed and smiled.

"Fine, you can come, but be careful. It's not going to be safe," Mike said.

Martha then nodded and kissed him