Chapter 51: The Hunters

"Alright class, quiet down everyone," Mr. Soar said, trying to get in control of his class. "Last class of the day. Let's hope you all enjoy today's lesson"

Owen looked up from his desk as he started listening to what his instructor had to say. He was still thinking of everything that happened at lunch with Trent and the new student. He didn't know what to think of it. Was he really a monster? Thoughts swirled in his head. Getting louder and louder as he thought more and more. It pounded in his head and was silenced at once by one word.
"...Teams!," exclaimed Mr. Soar.

All the students started whispering to each other over what just came out of Mr. Soar's mouth. Whispers talking about who they want on their team. Choosing and pointing fingers from the crowd were then silenced once more as Mr. Soar spoke.

"That's right, you all are going to be put in your own teams that were already pre-chosen for you. The exercises you all were doing at the beginning of the semester, showed your strengths and weaknesses. Now, for the first time ever, you will be chosen to carry out city-wide missions for experience. Professor Cole, Mrs. Mars, and I are all going to take part in it. The teams will be randomly divided in to one of our three factions. But, first, we have to delegate the teams," Mr. Soar said with a smile and a light twinkle in his eye. "I cant wait for all of you to experience the teamwork and bonding of a real team!!"

Owen's eyes began to widen and a big smile grew across his face as he realized: 'this is my chance for a new start,' he thought, 'then I can show how I truly am. That I am not a monster!'

His eyes filled with determination as he sat at his desk. 'No matter who is on my team, I will show them what I am capable of,' Owen thought.

"First three teams that will be working under Mrs. Mars....Team one: Alex Swift, Marian, and Morgan!," Mr. Soar said with a smile." Team two: Melody, Adrian, and Melissa! And the Third and last team for Mrs. Mars is:"

Owen was on the edge of his seat, he could barely wait for his name to be called. His whole body felt light. He felt like he was going to lift up into the air. His fingernails were clenching on to the underside of his desk.

"Come on," Owen said under his breath.
"Willy Gold, Maney Mars, and Jako!" Mr. Soar said with a zing. "Now, Mrs. Mars is waiting for you all in classroom 244, go mean her now!"

All at once, those nine students stood up and walked out of the room. Owen watched as they all left the room. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get called, but still determined. His fists clenched in excitement.

Mr. Soar then went and sat down at his desk. The Professor then took a good look around the room.

"...wow I thought I was only going to get nine students, what are you all doing here?," Mr. Soar said.

"THERE IS STILL ANOTHER TEACHER MORON!," Trent yelled.

The whole room started chuckling as Mr. Soar came to the realization.

"Ah! That's why," Mr. Soar said as he stood up yet again. He cleared his throat and looked at the page.

"M-Mrs...Mars?," Mr. Soar said in a confused tone.

"WRONG ONE!," Trent yelled.

"Ah! Professor Cole!," Mr. Soar exclaimed as the whole room laughed hysterically at the situation. He then cleared his throat once more.

"Alright! Professor Cole's Teams! Team one:," Said Professor Soar.

Owen was on the edge of his seat. He couldnt wait. His heart was beating out of his chest.

"Marcus, Mabel, and Axis! Team two: Mavis, Ren, and Sei! And last, but certainly not least, Team Three:...," Mr. Soar said. Owen couldn't wait.

"Come on," Owen said once more under his breath.

"Trent, Owen Shores, and Emily!," Mr. Soar exclaimed.

"What?!," Trent said as he blew up. "No way I am with the feara, sir! And Emily doesnt even go here anymore!! Reread it again! I know you have made some mistake!"

"Sit down Trent! I will not let you disrupt this class!," Mr. Soar yelled as he stomped his foot hard on the ground. Trent then sat down. Owen was just as stunned.

"M-Mr. Soar sir...," Owen said standing up out of his seat.

"Yes, Mr. Shores?," Mr. Soar asked inquiring of what was bugging Owen.
"Are you sure you read that..."

"...correctly? Yes, Owen. You are on a team with Trent," Mr. Soar said.

"B-b-but...," Owen tripping over his words as he was trying to comprehend the situation.

"Look...You two might be incredibly different, and you disagree on alot, but that's no reason why you cant both be teammates...maybe you dont understand now, but one day you will. I know it," Mr Soar said as he smiled slightly. " I believe in you guys..."

"Uh...That's all good sir...but what about Emily, she doesn't even go here anymore," Trent said a bit hesitant of asking.

"Oh! You are right, Trent. Good eye...well since we have a new blade at just such an occasion. We can use her as the replacement," Mr. Soar said.

"Huh?!," Trent and Owen said simultaneously.

"Ella will be your new teammate!," Mr. Soar said.

Ella just looked around in confusion.

"M-Me...?," she said surprisingly.