Chapter 32: Living arrangements

It has been a few days since Emily left with her relatives to East city. For the past few days, Owen has been staying in the Bay City orphanage in his own room for the time being. The court said that they were making his arrangements so he didnt have to stay there longer than he had to. All he could do now is gaze out his window and wait to see where he was going from here. He had no mother and no father. He sat there, depressed, Morning the loss of his mother. Every now and then he would cry, but he mostly just sat staring out into the big city.

He sat there thinking of the dream he had. He had had the same dream for two days now.

Owen heard a knock at his door. He turned to face it and opened it up. Standing on the other side was Mikka. She smiled and waved.

"Hi, Owen. How are you doing?," Mikka asked.

"Im...fine...," Owen replied in a depressed tone

"You dont seem fine...," Mikka said as she entered his room. Owen sat on the bed while Mikka closed the blinds in his room. She then sat next to him and held his hand.

"You said that my mom didnt like you before...right?," Owen asked.

"Yea...," she said with a smile.

"Why are you being so nice to me...if I resemble my mom so much?," Owen said.

Mikka thought for a second and looked back at him and answered," we never got along...but I didnt hate her...nobody did. Not even him...he loved her...,"

"He?,"

"Your father...she always found him charming...I guess I didnt like that...but this is my way to say that I appreciate her and all she did for us back then," Mikka said with a smile. "I will take care of you for her"

She hugged Owen. Owen froze for a second and...

...returned her hug.