Chapter 11

(Y/N POV)

Every time Momo comes over, my pent up feelings grow like gasoline to a flame.

I despise how she'd place her hand on Jungkook's arm, or how she would twirl a strand of hair in her finger.

But what I hate most of all, is that horrid fake laugh.

It's still the same since we were teens.

I stood up from the couch to fill my water bottle in the kitchen where she and Jungkook were sitting.

Momo let out her obnoxious, trying-to-be-cute giggle again, and I couldn't hold myself back any longer.

That fucking laugh... it was the last straw.

I turned to her and mimicked the same sound before she even stopped.

However, the mocking gesture was soon cut off by my own harsh words.

Y/n:can you fucking leave already?

She looked at me, taken aback and offended.

It drove me to a point of infuriation.

Momo:e-excuse me?
She asked.

Jungkook:Y/n, what is your problem!?

Unlike Momo, his face held an expression of anger.

Y/n:your presence alone, is physically painful. I would like you to leave.

I said to her.

Momo:I-...I haven't done anything?
She furrowed her eyebrows.

Y/n:quit fucking acting innocent! We both know what you put me through. And for you to have the audacity to come back into my life, continue to disrespect me in my own home! I mean, for all the things you did, you haven't apologized once! You're still the monster you were back then....Just leave.

I glared as I yelled at her.

Momo:I-I-...
She was speechless.

My hand lifted, pointing to the door, to which she hesitantly got up and left while Jungkook continued to stare in shock.

Right as the door shut with a little 'click', he spoke up.

Jungkook:what was that?

I bit my lip, avoiding his eyes with my sudden interest of the furniture behind him.

When it comes to Jungkook, words fail me....

They all pour out of my head like a tipped teakettle.

Jungkook rose to his feet, leaning his head downward to examine my face, searching for any sign of emotion.

I drew in a shaky breath.

Jungkook:what is it, Y/n? All of those things you said about your past with her, what do they mean?
His voice and eyes had softened.

My clammy hands pulled at my individual fingers.

Y/n:we were classmates since middle school.. Momo and I, we use to be best friends. But then she m-met her boyfriend, Sehun... I can never forgive her for the things she did to me.

There was a pause before I began to speak again.

Y/n:I was beaten, threatened, ridiculed, almost everyday by her and her friends. Because he had it out for me, she decided she should too.

I ended the sentence with my eyes focused back on the floor.

There was a long silence

Jungkook:I'm so sorry...
He breathed out, devastation hinted in his voice.

Jungkook:I swear, I didn't know it was like that. Why.. why wouldn't you tell me?

My eyes met his, and even after so many times, I still had that wild feeling in my chest.

Y/n:I didn't t-tell you... because it would force me to remember everything.. after I finally managed to forget.

The faint scent of his ligneous jasmine cologne instantly hit my nose as I was engulfed in Jungkook's arms.

Being held by him, I cherished every second of it.

But when he pulled away to look at me, our faces were inches apart...

My breathing stopped and I was paralyzed, getting lost in his eyes.

The rhythmic sound of my rapid heart beat echoed in my ears, only increasing in speed when Jungkook leaned closer in the slowest pace possible.

His gaze was fixed on my lips.

If I moved, I swear I'd feel the thrilling tickle of his own barely brushing against mine.

The world around me had completely stopped, for I perceived I was in an entirely different reality, one where things like this are possible.

His hands still rested on the back of my waist, their warmth securing me into a state of
comfort.

It all felt like a dream.

Suddenly that dream was ripped away from me when he abruptly pulled away and ran to his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

It was as if my heart shattered into a million pieces.

His warmth was gone, leaving me in the chilled air conditioning.

All I could feel was the bitter cold nipping at my skin and the giant aching pit in my heart.

If he didn't pull away, what would've happened?

End of chapter 11

Please vote!
Thank you