"Kaiden!" I shout.

"What?" He appears at the top of the stairs with a blue t shirt and baggy navy blue overalls.

"Were you watching this shit?" I ask as I point at the tv.

"Yes but no," he says as he takes longs strides down the stairs.

"What do you mean?" I shake my head as I lower the volume.

"Well, I just put it on so my mom wouldn't hear me downstairs," he twists his mouth as he looks down at the floor.

I jump off the couch and run across the room. "WHERE DID YOU- DO IT?"

"Where did I do what?" He laughs.

"Don't play with me, you fucking asshole," I point my finger at him.

"I did it . . ." He looks around the living room, "there," he points at the couch where I was, "there," he points at the other couch, "and there," he points at the coffee table.

"You are fucking gross," I shake my head.

"And you are fucking gullible," he smirks, "I don't know who was watching High School Musical."

I shake my head then turn the television off. I toss the remote behind me and walk back upstairs to my room. I unplug my cellphone from the charger and realize that I have a direct message from Lucas.

Lukeass: hey are you home?

Fuckingianjohnson: I might

Lukeass: are you or not bitch

Fuckingianjohnson: okay what if I was?

Lukeass: I'm on my way

Fuckingianjohnson: okay

Well, that sums up my friendship with Lucas.

Not even a little more than five minutes, Lucas is on my front porch with a cigarette in between his lips and another behind his ear. I see his car parked behind him, which pretty much sums up why he got here so quickly.

"Mommy let you come over?" I tease him as he passes me the cigarette behind his ear. I reach on top of my doorway frame and retreat a red lighter.

"Funny," he mumbles before exhaling smoke from his mouth, "as long as my parents are gone I can do whatever I want."

I hold a cigarette in between my mouth, cover the front of it with my left hand and light it up with my right. I inhale quickly before keeping the small stick between my fingers.

"So, I texted this chick from school," he says, lifting his cigarette up in between us.

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Zoey," he nods with a small smile.

"Oh yeah, I seen that chick at the burger stop," I tell him.

"That place you used to work at?" He asks before placing the cigarette between his lips again.

"Yeah, she always got a cheeseburger combo with mango juice," I tell him. How do I know this? Well, because I used to have a small crush on one of her friends that was always with her so I remember both of their favorite orders.

"Creep," He exhales.

"You, baby," I wink at him and he rolls his eyes.

My phone rings in my pocket then I take it out, seeing Martin's name on my screen.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Can you take me to the store, I gotta buy groceries," he says.

"Where's your car?" I ask.

"David has it," he responds.

"I'm with Lucas," I turn to Lucas, "I'll go pick you up right now."

"Alright, thanks," he cheers before hanging up.

"Pace?" Lucas asks while he puts out his cigarette.

"Nah," I shake my head, "Martin."

"Oh, what's up?"

"He wants me to take him to the grocery store," I scratch the back of my head.

"Want me to go with you?" He asks.

"Yeah, fuck it. Let's go," I nod.

"We'll take my car because I wanna go home after this," he takes his keys out of his pocket and twirls them in his finger.

"Bet," I agree as I follow him to his car. We get in and drive to Martin's house.

Martin lives closer to the freeway so he's a little farther from rest of us. We arrive at his house like in fifteen minutes. Lucas beeps four times until he finally comes out with the short girl he's been hanging out with lately.

They kiss for what feels like forever until she pulls away and hops on her little black beach cruiser and leaves the opposite direction from us.

"Getting in a quickie before we came?" I tease him and he rolls his eyes, getting into the backseat.

"Alright, where do you wanna go?" Lucas asks.

"What ever grocery store is closer," Martin says in the backseat.

"Trader Joe's?" Lucas reverses in the driveway and begins to leave the street.

"Sure."

We get to Trader Joe's but I walk away from them and enter the snacks aisle. I grab a few bags of chips and candy. I hear a few things drop behind me, so I turn around and see a little familiar someone, struggling to keep five cereal boxes in her small arms.

"Do you need help?" I ask.

"I'm fine, thank you," she says before turning around. Her eyes land on me and a small smile creeps onto her face. "Well hello, Ian."

"What's up, Brooke," I smile back her.

"How are you?" She asks as she continues to struggle with the boxes.

"Let me give you a hand," I tell her as I place my stuff down on the floor and grab the cereal boxes from her hands.

"Thank you so much, you didn't have to do that," she grins.

"Anything for you, baby," I tell her as I look away to avoid blushing at my own comment.

"So, how have you been?" She asks but my phone dings with a message from Lucas, informing me that they are waiting for me outside.

"Uhh . . . my friends are waiting for me," I tell her as I slowly hand her back the cereal boxes. "Would you want to give me your phone number and then we can hang out and talk?"

"Sure," she smiles.

Author's Note: um ... this chapter sucks fucking ass. I'm sorry bro . .. >.<

- Bobbiewrites xoxo

03.18.24 (just stopping by to fix some typos and add different dialogue)