👗👠07👠👗

"When I said let's stay on the outskirts of town I didn't mean we should go to the mall" I whisper to Danielle as I stupidly try and hide behind her, wishing I had taken whatever big ass trench coat dad was going to give me this morning.

"What's wrong with the mall" She rolls her eyes, leading me over to the line at Auntie Anne's.

"First off it's a mall, second it's a Saturday, and you know how much teens love to loiter around the mall with no money on a Saturday." I pull my hood over my head as far as it can go without pulling it off, "We could have went to the park"

"Eww who wants to go to the park? Oh yea! No one. Now tell me what you want" she asks pulling out her wallet.

"Exactly! No one goes to the park which is why it's the best place to go." I glance past her to see the guy behind the counter staring at me. "Tell him I want a large mini pretzels with spicy nacho cheese"

"Do you have coffee ice cream. If not can I just get a large mini pretzels with spicy nacho cheese and a large mango lemonade" Danielle asks him.

"No Auntie Anne's serves ice cream" I shake her shoulders a bit.

He puts the lemonade and a big bag down on the counter as Danielle swipes her card. Once he puts the receipt in the bag she grabs her drink and walks away leaving me to take the bag with this creep still staring at me. I smile as snatch the bag up before running after her. She sits down at a table in the far corner of the food court and I sit next to her.

"Do you think that guy was cute" she pokes me completely unbeknownst to the attitude I gained after she left me at the counter.

"What, why?" I falter a little bit quickly cross my arms over my chest and lean back on the chair.

"He was totally checking you out" she winks at me.

"Really.. I thought he was being a fucking creep" I say as I pull two cups of pretzels and 3 spicy nacho sauces.

"See he even gave to you two things of pretzels" she snatches the receipt out of the bag and gasps. "And he didn't charge us for either cups!" She shows me the receipt.

"He probably just forgot because he was to busy being a creep" I roll my eyes and push it away from me.

She watches me open the sauce and dip the pretzel in it then pop it into my mouth. "You must have a dedicated crush on someone in school" she leans forward smirking at me.

"What would ever give you that idea" I ask choking on the pretzels a little.

"There are a lot of cute people in our class who'd love a crossdressing hottie like you" she kicks my leg softly under the table.

"I hadn't really had a 'crush' on anyone in school since middle school. It's probably because I'm to busy trying to fix my grades, watching anime, or messing around with my siblings to actually care about my love life right now. " I put the extra cup of pretzels and sauce back into the bag once she picks up her purse.

"Right.. We've all had a crush or two during our high school experience, even if it was just a little one" she gets up pulling me along with her.

"We literally just sat down" I look back at the table as i shove another pretzel into my mouth.

"Yea but I only came for the lemonade" she shrugs as we make out way over to the escalators.

As we descend down the escalator, two of Henry's friends are going up on the other side of us. One taps the other with curly hair and they both look over at me. I cringe trying to kept my head down as I drag Danielle down the rest of the stairs and out of the mall.

"You do know the escalators can take us up or down without us moving right?" She says out of breath.

"Just call your mom to come get us" I check the entrance of the mall to see if they came out after us. They didn't.

—————

We spend the rest of the day dancing around and singing to songs we didn't know the words to. Painting each other's nails, I painted hers black while she painted mine a baby blue. Then cleaned her room up a bit. Later I watched her mess it up again before I re-cleaned everything. Nightfall finally came we decided to start dancing again.

"Hey I'm gonna take a shower in a second" I sink into the floor half way through the dance.

"Wait can you go to the store for me" she sets down next to me. "It's just around the corner outside of the neighborhood" she begs as she pulls at my skirt.

"Okay but I don't have money for anything!" I yell prying her hands off of me.

"There's money in the sock drawer. I need you to grab soda and chocolates" she bounces up with a cheeky smile.

I walk over to the dresser, opening a drawer and taking out the money. I say buy then leave the room and make my way down the stairs. Luckily Danielle's mom's were already in their room. I walked downstairs the out the house. I creep out the front door and speed walk towards the entrance of the neighborhood.

There was no store outside the neighborhood so I had to walk a long while until I actually found one. Once there I pick up a couple chocolates and sodas then bring them over to the counter. I put everything down then looked at the tv as the man started ringing everything up.

"As of now we have only taken over a quarter of the world from the rats. Many rats have died. But more soldiers are left with Salmonella. They are currently being treated then sent right back into the field! Every bite they take it gets worse for them. Little do they know they could very well turn into rats in a mater of years. Once they turn they will be sent to live with the rats. They will probably end up as rejects among the rat community thought but hey, good thing they don't watch the news!" the news man winks at the camera.

"Dang that's tough.." the man behind the counter turns away from the tv shaking his head in disbelief. "Anyway your total will come out to $27.28" the man say and I hand him $30. "Have a nice day" he says holding his hand out with the change.

"You can keep it she doesn't deserve the change after making me walk all the way out here" I force a smile as I walked out the door.

As soon as I'm out the doors I get pushed down. My butt hits the floor kinda hard causing me to drop the bags.

"Ow ow owww" I whin turning over and rubbing me butt.

"I knew I recognized that voice from somewhere"

I look up to see Henry standing over me. His face all red as he tried to keep this cocky thing going about him. I roll my eyes as I get up trying to ignoring the pain in my butt. I wince a little as I bend over and grab the bags from the floor.

"What are you looking at me like that for" I put on angry face trying not to tear up as I rub my butt.

"I see you like wearing girls clothes" he smirks at me. "Ya know I thought you were a fag when you kept staring at me in class but I didn't think you were this kind" he flips my skirt up a little causing me to hold the bags in front of me.