👗👠34👠👗

"Ohio why is June telling me we have to prepare for your marriage with J-" Dad swings open the door to my room, all dressed up. "Jasper what are you doing in my house.. and what are you two doing" he glares at him.

Jasper quickly sits up from the pillow ripping off his sunglasses and gives him an awkward smile. I get off his thighs and sit to the side of him, leaving my leg to lay across his. We both lower our heads to avoid any further eye contact with him.

Jasper and I hadn't heard my parents leave yet so we started talking which turned into joking around and that somehow turned into us taking pictures of each other. We were just messing around in some scarves and glasses we found in my closet so we started taking silly picture.

I realized a couple weeks back that I have no pictures of Jasper, let alone any of us together. So this was a good chance to take some while I could but we literally couldn't be serious for anything. For some reason everything was just too funny. It was like we were high or something I don't know I've never been high before. I can't really describe it better than that but it was just so fun before dad interrupted us.

I've gotta start locking my door.

"Papa said it was okay if he stayed here with me since every would be gone tonight" I answer before Jasper could even open his mouth.

It's best I get yelled at rather that him. I've known him long enough to know how he reacts to certain things but I've never seen him deal with yelling. Although I want to I  can't bring myself to just sit back and watch him get yelled at. And I'd be pissed of my dad left him in a sad mood for the rest of the night.

"Well you didn't come and ask me" he peaks down the hall then leans into the room. "This is my house so I say what goes" he whispers quietly so papa doesn't hear.

We both start laughing knowing damn well that isn't true. Even though he and papa bought the house together they both know it's papa's house when it comes to disciplining my sisters and I.

"Can Jasper please stay here with me tonight so I wouldn't be alone in the house" I ask him knowing his answer won't be able to go against what Papa says.

"..I guess he can stay here tonight, boy" he addresses Jasper as 'boy', making him look up. "No funny business, I want five feet between you two at all times. And if I catch you breaking my rules-"

He suddenly stops talking and stands there with wide eyes. I look him over trying to figure out what's wrong and then I notice it. Papa is behind him on his tippy toes whispering to him.

The two stay like there for a full minute before dad's eye finally refocus on us. "Just joking! You two the most fun ever, we'll be back tomorrow morning- afternoon! We'll be back tomorrow afternoon bye!" Papa pushes him away from the door.

"I'll see you two tomorrow bye!" He grins at us as he pulls the door closed.

"Why does he hate me" Jasper groans as he slumps into my chest.

"He doesn't hate you he just feels the need to be hard on you because you're dating his son. I'm sure he'd rather have me with you than some other guy" I whisper to him as I rub his head causing him to snuggle into my neck. "Hey I know something we can do to make you feel better" I smirk at him.

—————

"Hey baby, won't you look my way? I can be your new addiction" I smirk at Jasper as I sing into my sister's hair brush.

"Hey baby, what you gotta say? All you're giving me is fiction" he sings the next verse. "I'm a sorry sucker and this happens all the time" he cups my face and gives me that breath taking smile of his.

"I found out that everybody talks, every body talks, everybody talks" a smile fights it's way onto my face as we look at each other.

"It started with a whisper and that was when I kissed her!" We yell/sing together. "And then she made my lips hurt, I could hear the chit chat-" his phone starts ringing but that doesn't keep us from singing and dancing as he looks around the couch for it. "Take me to your love shack"

He stops singing once he finds it and stares at the screen so I continue by myself, "Mama's always gotta-"

((They we're singing Everybody Talks by Neon Trees, for anyone who isn't familiar with the song.))

"Stop the music! Stop the music!" He cuts me off and we both frantically look for the remote.

I snatch it up from the floor and put the tv on pause. He takes a deep breath then puts the phone up to his ear and smiles.

"Hey ma" he says happily. "Oh yea we're doing fine.. I'm staying at his house tonight" he coughs. "No ma we're not- we're just- you shouldn't have walked- ..I might just stay at his house when you get back" he crossed his arms as he plops down onto the couch. "Oh okay.. tell him I said hi" his smile falters a little. "See you soon, love you" he says before hanging up.

I sit down next to him and put my arm around his shoulder, "What's wrong"

"My dad is coming home from his business trip next week" he sighs.

"Is that a bad thing" I ask before saying anything without knowing how he feels about his dad.

"No not really, I don't hate him but he's always on some business trip so I've never really known much about him besides the fact that he helped make me and he'd do literally anything for my mom. Whenever he is home he keeps me busy with his busyness because he wants me to get into it after I leave college" he wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Well how long is he usually home?" I ask, not really knowing what else to say.

"Five days tops, he's a workaholic" he shrugs.

"You'll last five days without me" I smirk at him.

"I will but are you sure you can last that long without me" he smirks back at me, glancing at my lips.

"Most definitely"