👗👠42👠👗

"Isn't this fun!" she yells into my ear to be heard over the music booming through the house. "I told you, you'd have fun!"

Yea. The hot air. Sweaty people running into me as Halie passes around drinks. The smell of must consuming the house. Drying puke in the corner of the kitchen from some drunk girl passing through.

So fun.

And if I remember correctly, she said it'd be fun having someone here while she served drinks. Not once did she mention me having fun.

I would've had Jasper pick me up when I woke up this morning but he didn't answer the phone, nor has he answered my texts. His phone was probably dead or he's spending today with his dad before he leaves.

I'll just see him first thing tomorrow. What's one more night. I'll be alright.

"Yea a real blast" I sigh as I lean back on the counter.

"What!" She yells causing me to shake my head, dismissing it.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, searching it for a while.

Normally my phone would be dying or already dead because I would've spent all my time talking to Jasper on it. Or if I was with him I'd just forget to charge it all together. If he did notice it was dead he'd put it on the charger saying, "I don't want your dad thinking I've kidnapped you."

He charged my phone before he left, just in case. It only went down 7% since then. My phone has been on 93 for damn near 3 days.

When I see him again I'm gonna tell him how good I did keeping my phone charged. I just know he'll do something extra to show me how proud he is.

If I start drinking now I'll have an excuse for crying, right?

I push myself off the counter and walk over to the table of pre-made drinks Haile has prepared. I reach out for a cup only for some guy to pick it up a millisecond before me.

We both look up at each other at the same time, well he looks down a little. He's a boy around my age of course or he wouldn't be here. Blonde streaks in his jet black hair and a few inches taller than me. No one I recognize but I don't pay attention to my classmates much so I can't say he doesn't go to my school.

"Oh sorry about that" he grins apologetically as he picks up another cup. "I gotta be quick before her friends come back" he nods to me laughing.

"Yea?" I say in a confused tone as I pick up a cup and bring it up to my lips.

He holds one of the cups in his mouth then pulls something out of his pocket with his newly free hand. His hand quickly moves over the cup in his other hand before he grabs the cup from his mouth then dives into the crowd.

The hell was he trying to do, put a spell on the drink?

...

I take a sip of my drink then stand there for a moment, "Oh fuck!"

I quickly dive into the crowd of people looking around frantically. People bumping into me as they dance or go in the opposite direction. The drink in my hand threatening to spill over with every bump. My eye catching an occasional tall dark haired person in the crowd but not the one I'm looking for. I stand on my tippy toes looking around when hair comes into my view from the hall. I duck down low and start pushing past people harder, eventually making it to the less crowed hall.

"Hey!" I grab his sleeve causing him and a shorter girl in front of him to pause. "I uhh.." he gives me a confused look, holding back his annoyance towards me. "...Henry's been looking for you. I forgot to tell you while you were in the kitchen, .. he's out back" I quickly point behind me.

"Fuck" he rolls his eyes. "I'll be back in a minute" he yells to the girl in front of him. "Make sure she doesn't go anywhere" he pushes his drink into my free hand before giving me a pat on the back and running off.

"Aye did you drink that yet" I motion to the cup she's holding.

"No actually, I was just about to have my first drink with my long time crush before you went and ruined it" she rolls her eyes bringing it up to her mouth.

In a panic I drop his drink and grab hers from her. She stands there shocked for a moment before trying to grab for her drink. I quickly chug in down and give her a forced smile.

"What's your damage!" She stomps.

"Your crush just put something in your drink incase you didn't notice. You shouldn't take drinks from people at parties or anywhere for that matter!" I yell at her cause her eyes to widen.

One of the friends he was talking about earlier rushes past me and shields her. This only makes three other girls form a wall around her.

"And you guys should've brought her a drink instead of trusting someone she probably doesn't hang around all day to get it for her." I hand one of the girls her empty cup. "Enjoy the party" I huff raising my cup to them before turning around and heading back to the kitchen.

This time was no easier getting back to the kitchen seeing as the "fashionably late" people had started arriving. At this point I'm about ready to crowd surf my way back to the kitchen.

This is the last damn party I go to I swear.

I wonder if the business parties Jasper has been to were like this. They were probably way classier than some high school party. It's probably all wine, fancy clothes, fancy people, and business partners.

He'll have to take me to one sometime. Although I'd have to meet his dad first.