Chapter 12- Meeting Gaara

I do not own Naruto
........................

I held in my laugh as I saw Naruto try to get Inari to cry as Inari did the same to Naruto. Though the second they turned they both started to cry. I smiled as I patted Inari's head.

"Bye Inari, we'll see each other someday. Be careful now." I turned after he nodded and continued on with my team to the, now completed bridge.

As we walked I lingered a little longer as they debated the name. I couldn't help the smile when I heard them name the bridge "The great Naruto bridge".

Smiling I nodded slightly, that name suited it very well, although it may swell up Naruto's head a little. Glancing at the knuckle headed ninja I shrugged. A little growth on his ego wouldn't hurt.

"Hey Sasuke-kun, do you want to go get lunch when we get back to the village?" Sakura asked hopefully looking at emotionless Sasuke.

"Sorry, but no." He stated plainly.

Seeing an nonexistent opportunity, Naduto jumped in. "Hey Sakura I can have lunch with you!" Naruto shouted more hopeful than Sakura.

"That was a private conversation baka!" She shouted hitting him on the head. My eye twitched, did she really need to abuse him for such a thing?

"That's fine!" I intervened, "Naruto-kun and I can go get ramen without you two!" I shouted poking my tongue out at them.

Kakashi chuckled, making me look towards him. "Well how about you join us Kakashi sensei?" I asked.

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Will you pay for it?" I sweatdropped but nodded. I didn't realize my sensei was a cheapskate. Having a genin pay for his meal.

He flashed a closed eye smile, "All of it?" I paused,
but nodded. "Okay then I'll join you guys."

"What the absolute hell did I just get myself into?" I thought looking down at the ground confused to what just happened.

I glanced at Sakura and Sasuke. Maybe it can be a team thing. "Hey Sasuke you wanna join?" I asked politely despite the glare Sakura gave me.

Sasuke shrugged, "I guess."

"Okay, how about you Sakura?" She nodded without a second thought hearts in her eyes at Sasuke.

"Kakashi sensei I challenge you to a ramen eating-" I covered Naruto's mouth sweat dripping down my face.

"Hehe n-no ramen eating contest this time Naruto-kun." I said then whispered. "I have to pay for it anyway." He nodded understanding.

I sighed in relief, at least I don't have to worry about Kakashi eating about twenty bowls of ramen like Naruto does.

................

Soon the village came into view. "You guy's go ahead to Ichiraku, I have to go drop off the mission report I'll meet you guys there." Kakashi said as he waved lazily to us walking off.

Slowly all four of us walked. Sakura desperately trying to get Sasuke's attention. Sasuke ignoring her as usual. Naruto eventually gave up on trying to get Sakura's attention, but ended up glaring at Sasuke.

Soon we ended up at the ramen shop. Naruto sat down,me next to him, then Sasuke and Sakura.

"Two Miso ramen old man." Naruto ordered.

"Hey Naruto, Yuki. I see you two brought two more along with you this time." The old man smiled. "What will you two have?"

"Hn, water." Saskue said as he glared at the table.