Chapter 33- New Training

I do not own Naruto

Flashbacks will be in italics

........................................................

Soft voices woke me from the darkness I was swimming in. Along with the voices, I was greeted with a aching from my stomach, no doubt from the injury I had sustained from... Blinking open my eyes, I squinted as I adjusted to the bright lights. Having a whole room covered in white didn't help with the brightness. If the white room didn't give away mo location, the smell of sanitizer definitely did.

Haring the shushed voices, I glanced over to my right. They had yet to notice me, as they were both in a deep conversation. I clenched the bed sheets, realizing they were talking about Sasuke. The person I had failed to retrieve. Just the thought of him made my stomach clench, for various reasons.

I clenched my jaw as I forced myself to stand up. That had been the first mission I was sent on as any type of leader. I had to check on the other members that had been on the mission, hopefully they were in better shape. Stepping off the bed I opened the door. My eyes widened as I stumbled, falling on the ground as I tried to walk in the hall.

"Yuki!" Sakura exclaimed running to me as I fell.

She caught me before I hit the floor. "You're injured, you can't be walking around with that wound in your stomach. I may not know how you got it, but it was really deep." She looked at me worried as she lead me back to the bed. I clenched my teeth, there was no way I was going to tell her who did it.

"Don't you worry Yuki-chan, Sakura-chan! I'll get Sasuke back!" Naruto shouted showing his goofy grin. I looked down at the bed after seeing him, the only skin that showed was his blue eyes and mouth, the rest of him was covered in bandages.

'I failed to protect him, again.' I thought bitterly as I clenched the white bed sheets. If my emotions hadn't gotten the best of me, I could have brought him back. I was too busy crying to focus on Sasuke, and he hit me when I was distracted.

I heard Sakura say something then walk out, I hadn't listened. Suddenly the window opened, there on the window was Jiraiya.

"So, it looks like you're both back, and all bandaged up." He smiled at us.

"What are you doing here Pervy Sage?" Naruto shouted.

"Just to see my two students. Also to tell you both you're coming with me as soon as you're better. I'm going to train you guys. In three years the Atakaski are going after the tailed beast in you Naruto, and I got word they are going to strike in three years." He turned to me. "Yuki, the Atakaski seem to have found an interest in you. Someone in the organization wants you in it, which means they will e going after you as well. That's not including Orochimaru's interest in your Tensai either. So I'm taking you to train with Naruto and I to train for three years."

"We don't have three years! Orochimaru is going to take Sasuke's body, we need to get strong now! We have to get Sasuke back!" Naruto and I shouted in unison.

Jirayia's eyes darkened. "Forget Sasuke! He left the village to go to Orochimaru. You're both fools to still go after him. Especially you Yuki, he hit you in the stomach with the Chidori! He's no friend of yours anymore, after your surgery you were weaker and Sasuke knew that. That chidori would have killed you before, even more so now! If he was your-" I cut him off.

"Sasuke is in the dark right now. He's confused is all, I don't give up on my friends, ever, no matter what they have done. Besides, Naruto-kun made a promise to bring him back, and I'm going to help him. I'm not going to lose a friend- or comrade, so go ahead and call me a fool I'm still going to bring him back." I looked up with a determined look in my eyes. A part of me was angry with the fact he had exclaimed where my stomach wound was from. If I was lucky Naruto wasn't paying attention.