The Survivor / Chapter 10

Kai

Awaking, it is broad daylight, and the city is wide awake.

I head down the lift, directly to the kitchen, where they seat me at the table slab, with a large piece of a chicken leg, bread and some wine.

Eating in peace, I change my clothes into something much more comfortable.

My clothes hang off my body but are comfortable enough to fight in.

I realize that I am alone, and I have not been alone since I left Pallion.

"Where is everyone else?" I ask.

Getting up, I head out past the throne room, the castle's halls are empty, and barely any servants are cleaning, dusting or even around.

Opening the castle door to outside, the entire city has turned into an army campground. Tents fill the streets; the clanking of armor and armories are filled.

War flags have been hung around the city with the ancient City of Light symbol. The canals that carry water throughout the city have now been drained and filled with oil.

The atmosphere of the city has completely changed, and the presence of war begins to sit on my shoulders as I just watch. A soldier just stares, as I stand on the steps of the palace surveying.

Looking down, he walks up to me in his titanium armor, "The others are in Tier two in the center between Tier one and three."

"Thank you," I say, as I begin to head down the stairs and into the streets.

I begin to walk into the war filled streets. The ground starts to rumble as three platoons of giant pale-skinned cyclops run past me, in full titanium armor in sync.

Walked out of the gates of the third Tier and into the second a small slope divides each Tier.

Overlooking Tier one and two, Tier one has been completely reconstructed. Hundreds of catapults fill the inner wall, and on every roof, three to four ballista's are on top. Men and children help load hundreds of arrows as big as spears onto their roofs. Wooden towers on the inside of the wall are being made to survey the battlefield. A large dark blue tent, filled with the City of Lights emblem, rest in the middle of the Main Street in Tier two.

I teleport to it, lifting the covers up, a large table with the layout of the City and the surrounding fields around it, lays on the table.

Around the table are Xodus, Sapphire, Eve, Z, Aura, and Rain. They stare at the map intently before Z lifts his head and smiles.

Prince Nuru notices and turns, looking at the entrance, "Welcome chosen.

Please come, we need to devise a plan on how we are going to go along with fighting Krios."

"He will be decisive, and he will not release everything he has from the start," says Sapphire.

"He thinks he has already won, he underestimates us all very much.

This is all a big game to him," she says.

"Like a game of chess?" asks Z.

"Yes, except all his players are queens."

"This isn't bad, he knows the City of Light will put up a fight, but he doesn't think we will... We can use this to our advantage," says Aura.

"I wish we could, but the reason he doesn't think we are a threat is because he has his four horsemen.

More than likely, when things start shifting into our favor, he will release them.

They will most likely have to die because they will not give up, they are loyal to the bone.