CHAPTER XIII- la notte de spettacolo di Nixon un (The Night of the Nixon Show I)

Friday, March 13th.

6:30 pee em.

Richard Nixon the Musical's premiere date.

The day the poopy hit the fan.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVSVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

CJ was mad. It was four days after the funeral and Pyrus had completely stopped talking to him. He was too busy off listening to Beyoncé and buying crop-tops and saying "Girl, are you crazay!?" with Tommee, his new friend. CJ couldn't believe Pyrus chose that Richard-Nixon playing jerk over him.
CJ sighed and bit into his bread-and-butter-pickle-flavored stick of butter. What was he supposed to do? Besides, it was also the night of the show and neither Andy or Duffy was anywhere to be found. Andy had disappeared immediately after the funeral for Tambor and Duffy had disappeared after she went to go meet with some mysterious murderer from a note she received. Duffy never returned.
Rex had gathered a search team to try and find Andy, but there was no luck. As for Duffy, though... her parents hadn't done anything. Nobody had even heard from them. CJ looked around the theatre. Since the divide between him and Pyrus, Jona had become his closest friend. The two started doing everything together. CJ worried if Walter found out he would get jealous, but thankfully Walter was in prison. There was no chance of that happeni-

At that moment, the doors to the auditorium burst open and in stepped Walter.

"Guess who just broke out of prison?" He exclaimed.

Oliver jumped out of his seat. "Was it O.J.?"

"O.J.'s not in prison, Oliver," said Marty from behind the spotlight.

Oliver threw down his director wooden-megaphone-thing (you know what I'm talking about). "THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK!"

It was weird.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Andy used her elongated fingernail to carve another tally into the wall. It was day three of her imprisonment. Her captor, Cornia, only rarely came down to the basement except to being Andy her TV dinner and to watch Hotel Transylvania 3 (only the basement TV had Netflix and Cornia refused to pay $2.99 to watch it On Demand. She was street smart). It wasn't all that bad, being a captor. Andy still couldn't understand why, though. Why did Pupil's twin sister want her? And where was the real Pupil?
Suddenly, Andy heard the thumping of footsteps down the stairs. It was Cornia coming to bring her a TV Dinner. Andy groaned when she saw it was the mashed potatoes dinner. She was in a bad mood and really wanted the turkey-substance one.
  "Rise and shine, little one," cackled Cornia as the placed the TV dinner at Andi's feet. Andi licked up the mashed potatoes hungrily; she was only given one meal per day and her lack of hands made it hard to do anything.
"Why did you have to Scotch Tape my hands to the wall?" whimpered Andi. Cornia smiled.
  "So there was absolutely no chance of escaping," she replied coolly. "Andi, I didn't just kidnap you for the fun of it. I needed you, Andi. You are part of my plan."
  "And what plan is that?" asked Andi, hoping she could Cornia to reveal all of her secrets.
  "Fine," said Cornia. "I will reveal all of my secrets to you, but only because there is absolutely no chance of you escaping." Cornia strode over to the picture of Martin Van Buren, which was hung up on the wall.
  "16 years ago, my mother had two children. Twins, actually. The first thing she noticed were their eyes. So bright. So endearing. So she named them after their eyes- one Pupil and on Cornia. But she couldn't take care of both of these children. She didn't have the money. So, she kept Pupil, the cuter one, and put Cornia in a drawstring sack and left her in the middle of a highway. One of my hands even got run over by a car and fell off.
"On that highway a car finally saw me and picked me up. His name was Laurie. When he saw me, Laurie immediately decided he would use me. Because Laurie was a baby trafficker. So he tried to traffic me. He tried and he tried, but nobody  wanted me. They said I was too ugly. So, deeming me worthless, Laurie threw me in his attic, feeding me sporadically and rarely ever talking to me.  That's how I spent the first years of my life. Cooped up in some attic like a monster. Because a monster was the only thing I learned to be.
  "And then, one day, when I was nine or ten, the attic window broke when I kid threw a loofah at it from outside. That was my chance. I escaped through the window and ran out through the streets, searching for anything. I was in the center of a world I had never seen. And then I saw her.
  "It was Pupil,  my twin. She had a wheelbarrow full of loofahs and was selling them to the children on the street. I ran up to her, not knowing who she was, begging for help. But she just laughed at my ugly face and shredded clothes and left me there on the street.
  "I've thought about that day for many years now. That day could've changed my life. She could've brought me back to her house, her parents would try to help me, they would find out I was their daughter, and then, only then, would I have a shot at leading a normal life. But it didn't happen. It never happened. Instead, for the next seven years of my life, I had to live on the streets, searching for a home. Well, it took until last year for me to realize that the little girl who laughed at my was my sister. And then I thought of it. My genius plan. The thing that would give me the life I've always wanted. After all, Pupil had it all. Friends, good grades, Captain of the Techno-Jazz Ensemble at her school; it was the perfect life. So then I decided, why does she get all that? Why not me? So I decided to take maters into my own hand.
  "I would lead Pupil's life. I would have the fame and the glory. And she would pay for what she did to me all those years ago. And it looks like she did."
  Cornia walked to the basement closet door and opened it. And out fell Pupil's body. Andy gasped.
  "But that wouldn't be enough. I would have to kill off every person who would see a difference in Pupil's behavior. First to go was Little Timmy, her neighbor who she walked to school with every day. Then, just for fun, I left that head in a box in the steps of her good friend Jona's porch. Next to go was poor Mommy and Daddy."