CHAPTER XI- Clef Side Story

When Towie first ran off with his guitar, he first expected it to be all sunshine and rainbows. They settled in a town in L.A. They got a condo. For the first couple of weeks it was great, save the occasional disagreement. Until Towie accidentally broke his guitar's pick. It was a small thing, but it was the first foreshadowing of what would happen to their marriage.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

As Towie fell onto his couch, he heard a sharp crack. He looked down. It was Clef's favorite pick.

"Oh no," he said to himself.

"---" his guitar asked.

"It was nothing Clef, don't worry." He replied

How was he going to fix the pick?

"---" Clef asked.

"What do you mean you can read my thoughts? You must be hearing something else," Towie said nervously.

Maybe with glue, or tape? Towie settled on glue.

"---" Clef said.

"I'll give it to you in a second," Towie said.

Towie brought the pick over to Clef. She took one look at it and asked,

"---"

"I'm sorry Clef, I broke it. Please don't argue with m-"

"---" Clef interrupted.

Thus was their first, but not last, major fight.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

After that first fight, their relationship was rocky. They constantly fought over simple things, such as what to eat for dinner and what kind of guitar picks to buy. But the thing that caused this break in their relationship was far more serious.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Towie was playing Clef when all of the sudden one of Clef's strings broke.

"Clef! Are you o.k.?'

"---" Clef screamed at him.

"What do you mean?" Towie cried.

"---" Clef said more calmly.

"It's only a string! I can buy another, you'll be alright.

"---" Clef said forcefully.

"But-" Towie said, his eyes welling up with tears.

"---" Clef interrupted.

"Fine!" Towie cried. "If you're going to be that way. I'll be out of the house by next week."

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

After this fight with Clef, Towie filed a divorce. Clef represented herself in court and got possession of everything. Towie had to pay the bills for the rest of the year and pay for the new string.

Towie had to go into his emergency bank account to keep off of the street. He could only afford to stay at the grossest motel. He ultimately decided to go to his mom via public transport. His mom let him stay and payed for his therapy. He stayed with her until he was able to get off of his feet.

Lying in bed one night, Towie decided to give his relationship with Rex another chance. When he woke up in the morning he proposed this idea to Rex. Rex quickly agreed. Towie Proposed to her over phone. She accepted, and he would marry Rex and move in with Rex and Andy in L.A. on Wednesday.