CHAPTER II- The Aftermath

"I can't believe he left me on our wedding day," Rex cried, her mouth full of ice cream. After the unpleasant incident, the people had started to spread out through the backyard, and half the people had left. "He didn't even tell how long he had known that he would do this."

BeBe rubbed Rex's back as she cried into her ice cream. Pork sat next to his daughter thinking of ways he could kill Towie for breaking his daughter's heart. BeBe and Pork had always thought Towie was a good person. They never thought he would leave their daughter on their wedding day. At least he didn't leave her for Meranda. She was a psychopath.

Across the yard, Andy, Pyrus, and Walter were all standing together.

"I can't believe my dad just left my mom like that," Andy said. She had run out of tears from crying so much from the past week. Her life sucked.

Pyrus' arm was around her, and Walter stood on her other side. Her head was resting on Pyrus' shoulder.

"It'll be OK," Pyrus reassured her. Walter nodded in agreement. Andy looked over at where Duffy and Jona stood in disgust.

"Have you guys officially broken up yet?" Walter asked.

"I don't even know anymore," Andy sighed. "I don't even want to look at him so much as talk to him." Walter nodded.

"Have you talked to Duffy?" Pyrus asked.

"No."

"Why?"

"You know why."

Pyrus sighed. They needed to make up sooner or later. Pyrus looked over to where CJ was sitting with Tamber, Pupil, and Morghan. Morghan was sitting on Tamber's lap. They took a liking to each other the first time they met, and have really helped each other change, even though they have about an eight year age difference. CJ met Pyrus' eye, and they looked at each other for a long time, just staring. CJ smiled, and Pyrus finally broke eye contact with him to listen to what Andy and Walter were talking about. They were just talking about when they would make another painting together. Their business had really grown, and they had made a lot of money. It was actually really cool.

Duffy and Jona were in their own corner talking.

"Has she forgiven you yet?" Duffy asked, looking around her. Her eyes met Party for a minute, but he looked away bitterly. She sighed.

"No," Jona mumbled.

"She will soon. It's me who she won't forgive."

"You're her best friend."

"Exactly."

Jona shook his head. Andy better forgive Duffy, otherwise, he will never forgive himself. He noticed Party looking over at them. He wondered what happened between him and Duffy. They have been acting weird towards each other for quite a while. He decided it was best not to ask.

"What happened between you and Party?"He decided he didn't care about being a good person.

"It's complicated."

"Can't be more complicated than me and Andy." Duffy nodded in agreement.

"He asked me if I thought a guy was hot, and he was so I agreed that he was."

"And?"

"He got so mad! He started saying how I wasn't into our relationship like he was, and I told him if he felt that way, we shouldn't even be together."

"So you guys broke up?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry Duffy."

"It's not your fault."

They smiled at each other and kept talking about random stuff that didn't matter to keep their minds off of their ridiculous amount of problems.

"I can't believe that Pyrus has gotten so hot," Pupil said. Tamber laughed.

"Please don't talk about my cousin like that," Tamber pleaded.

"You guys are cousins?" CJ asked. Pyrus never mentioned that to him before. Come to think of it, there were probably a lot of things that he didn't know about Pyrus. He would learn all about him in good time.

"Yeah. Our mothers are sisters. They aren't really the greatest of friends, but we still moved here because of them. Our mothers have started to resent each other less now I guess." Tamber answered. "Come to think of it, how do you know Pyrus?"

CJ quickly replied. "I made a deal with Duffy that if she'd tutor me, then I'd get Pyrus a chocolate chip muffin. Every once in a while we hang out. I kinda get the vibe that Duffy isn't my greatest fan, though."

"Maybe you should try to become better friends with Duffy than," Pupil suggested.

CJ laughed. "I have a better chance of growing wings and taking off into the sky. It's better off that I don't try. When we were younger, I refused to pass the ball to her because she's a girl. It was cruel of me, and I don't still think of her in that sense. But, she doesn't seem like someone who'd be willing to forgive. She gave Pyrus the silent treatment for being friends with me, so I don't think my chances of being friends with her are all too great." He sighed. "But, hey, at least now Pyrus avoids Duffy because of the whole 'Jona - Duffy' business. Now I can be his friend without him losing a friend because of me." Tamber, Morghan, and Pupil all nodded and continued talking about other drama.

Duffy watched Party as he left the backyard through the side gate. She sighed knowing he was leaving and turned to talk more with Jona.

As Party walked through the gate, he noticed a sign put up on the Wacks' lawn. Its lettering was a crimson or a maroon, and it had an odd texture to it. Written on the sign in a language he could not understand was the phrase "Ego venio ad te occidere." Party decided it was probably a new school slogan, since around when he had moved, they had mentioned making a new image for the school. It was probably some Latin phrase, that meant something about creativity, intellectuality, persistence, or some other amount of junk to make the school look good. Party shrugged it off and walked away.