CHAPTER III- The Police Visit

People were starting to leave the party when suddenly Tamber ran into the backyard.

"Guys! There's a sign on your lawn. It looks like it's written in blood!" Tamber screeched, her eyes full of fright. The crowd let out a gasp, and a group of people, led by Pork, ran into the front yard.

Pork mumbled the phrase with a confused look. "Ego venio ad te occidere." On his face. He knew that it was Latin from his time in school, but didn't remember what most of the words meant. If only he had paid proper attention.

He called 911 to alert them of a possible murder.

By the time the police rolled into their driveway, everyone had left the party. Two officers, Officers Herman and Belgum. "Leave the premise," Officer Herman said. "While you're at it get us some doughnuts!" Officer Belgum added.

The Wack's went back inside so the crazy officers could take evidence and whatnot. Pork watched by the window with Andy to make sure the officers don't light the house on fire. That wouldn't be good. BeBe and Rex went inside to make coffee.

"How you feelin', kiddo?" Pork asked Andy, putting his arm around her to hug her. She returned the gesture.

"Not that good," she replied. "I mean I'm speaking to my boyfriend.  If we still even are boyfriend and girlfriend, and my dad left my mom at the altar." Pork wished he could make it better for his granddaughter, but he couldn't. It would all work out, though. He was certain.

In the kitchen, Bebe was pouring coffee for her and Rex.

"Do you feel any better?" Bebe asked while passing the coffee creamer.

"What do you think?" Rex asked, sarcastically. Bebe couldn't even imagine the pain her daughter was going through. Or Andy for that matter.

"You and Andy can spend the night here if you would like," Bebe offered.

'That would be great, but isn't your house sort of a crime scene at the moment?" Bebe had forgotten about that for a split second. What a day. "Do you know what the sign said, Mom?" Rex asked.

"I don't know. I never took a language in school."

"How did you get out of that?"

"I had my ways." Rex laughed. They continued to talk about old memories of being in school.

Officer Herman and Belgum walked into the kitchen with Andy and Pork behind them. "So we figured out what the sign says." Officer Belgum said. "It took a while though. We didn't know what it said, so we called some help. They didn't know either, so they called their help. It went on for a while. Long story short, you have 12 policemen, 2 detectives, 6 convicts, 9 shrink, 3 construction workers, and twenty cats on your lawn, all demanding black coffee with sugar and cream." Officer Belgum paused. "Anyway, your sign says 'I want a purple tuna fish sandwich.'"

"Wrong sign Belgum!" Officer Herman screeched.

"Oh yeah," Officer Belgum said. "That was that stingy old lady's sign. Your sign says 'I'm coming to kill you."

Officer Herman screamed. "You're going to kill them! I'm sorry Belgum, but I'm gonna have to arrest you!"

Officer Belgum pinched the bridge of his nose and walked out of their house and off the property, followed by Officer Herman.

The Wacks stood there frozen with shock. They knew it was going to be a big influence in their lives, and not a good one.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"You know you didn't have to walk me home, CJ," Pyrus told him, looking up at him. They were walking so close together with their hands interlocked. Not that they normally didn't walk like this.

"After what happened I'm not going to let you walk home alone," CJ said, looking down at him. They smiled at each other and continued to walk. "Are we ever going to tell your friends about us?"

"You know I want to," Pyrus sighed. "There is so much drama right now with Andy, Duffy, Jona, and everything! I just don't want to add to that." CJ stopped Pyrus from walking any further. They looked straight at each other. Well, more like CJ looking down and Pyrus looking up because of their height difference.

"Py, us being together isn't going to cause drama. But what will cause drama is not telling them and then them catching us. I just don't want to have to hide anymore." CJ put both his hands on Pyrus' cheeks and starts to lean in, but Pyrus looks down.

"I'm sorry," Pyrus whispered. He looked like he was about to cry.

"No, no," CJ whispered into his ear, wrapping him in his arms with Pyrus crying onto his shoulder. "I just want you to be happy. We don't have to tell them yet. Whenever you are ready." CJ continued to hold him for a while until Pyrus calmed down.

"You know you are the best boyfriend ever, right?" Pyrus asked, pulling away slightly to get a better look at CJ's face.

"Yeah, I know," CJ said. Pyrus laughed and leaned in so that CJ could finally get his kiss.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

It had been weeks since Mary had heard from Timmy. She was delivering homework to Timmy at his house when she heard a weeping sound.

Her parents had told her that Timmy had gotten sick with some rare disease, and it would be very easy to catch it. They had warned her against going into Timmy's house, and yet Mary still felt the urge to open the door to their house.

Against what her parents had told her, she walked into the house, to comfort the source of the weeping. She dropped Timmy's papers in shock when she saw the reason for the crying.

Her eyes and nose were red from wiping the never-ending stream of mucus and tears from her face. Tissues were littered about the ground around her. She looked and smelled as if she hadn't bathed in days. She was sitting on the couch opposite Timmy, who was lying down with a face of sheer terror that would forever be on his face. On the wall was written, "Paenitet me ad occidendum filii tui. Sanguis enim opus est scribere."

Mary began to cry, and walked out of the house on the route toward her own, knowing that she would miss Timmy forever.