"Very soon mother. My younger brother can't remain angry and aloof from you for a long time." A pair of strong arms encircled Durga and embraced her.

"When will that day arrive, Dheeraj? It has already been more than three years," Durga pleaded before her eldest son.

Durga and Virendra were blessed with two handsome and strong sons, Dheeraj and Vihaan. Dheeraj was the eldest son and Vihaan the youngest. Dheeraj was only two years older than Vihaan and was comparatively quieter than the latter. He was working as an inspector under his father and getting jobs in the police were almost compulsory for every man in the Bundela family.

"Mom, you know very well how much broken he is from within and he is a completely changed man. He needs more time to forgive you but I know he still loves you like before. Have you forgotten how much he hates women in his life because of that one incident which has shattered his life to the extreme level? He's still pained of everything but doesn't show it to us." Dheeraj was trying to pacify his mother.

Virendra took the sacred morsel from the prayer plate and said, "Durga, don't stress yourself that much. It'll adversely affect your health. Give Vihaan some time and try to recover yourself from the broken limb."

Dheeraj nodded. "Dad is right, I know my brother is not bad at heart."

"Dheeraj, I think it's time that we leave for the bureau after having breakfast. Vihaan has already departed early," Virendra ordered him.

Durga agreed, "Sorry that I wasted so much of your time. I'll call the maids for serving the breakfast right away."

The family finished their breakfast while Durga sat still. Dheeraj requested her, "Don't be so upset mom. I don't like it."

"What am I supposed to do? Your brother hasn't yet done his breakfast and as a mother, I'll also not have my food unless he does." Durga promised to herself.

"Mom! Please take your food on time. I'll feed Vihaan at the bureau, don't worry please."

With a heavy heart, Dheeraj and Virendra left for the bureau. The growing tension between Durga and Vihaan was becoming a major concern for the two of them.

***** 

Neatly ironed button-down shirt and dark blue denims, Vihaan tucked his polarized shades in between the top button of his shirt as he entered the compound of the bureau. He was in civilian clothes for the day and wore his khaki uniform only once in a week. The securities shot their standing ovation at him as he parked his Royal Enfield in the compound. He slightly tilted his head as his gesture and took the stairs instead of the elevator. He possessed a stout figure of extreme physical fitness and hated taking the easy way out.

His temper rose considerably when he found the other junior officers and inspectors enjoying their morning tea and snacks sitting in the office of the general section. He dashed past the couple of empty desks and halted beside the chattering group.

They greeted Vihaan in chorus, "Good morning, Sir."

But there was a pin drop silence as soon as Vihaan groaned, "I don't think you people are capable of working as officers. Even if you've completed with your early morning feast, the empty cups and plates are still lying here."