Chapter Fifteen

Bullet's POV

Sabay kaming kumakain ng hapunan ni mama and she keeps on telling me how excited she was about including Amy in her last will and testament. She already thought about it the moment Amy came in our lives. She told me it will help her to start over after Hunter's death.

I wanted to correct my mother but I kept my mouth shut. I don't want to burst her bubbles and I can see the excitement and happiness on her face because of what she did. She got so many plans and I don't know if she can accept the truth about Amy's true identity.

"Where is Am- where is Aria?" Mabuti na lang at napigil ko agad ang sarili ko na masabi ang tunay na pangalan ni Amy.

"Oh, she is in her room resting. Sumasakit daw ang tiyan niya at ulo niya kaya sabi ko magpahinga na lang. Ester brought her dinner pero pinabalik din. Nasusuka daw. Gusto ko na ngang dalhin sa ospital. Baka mapaano ang apo ko," sagot ni mama sa akin at nagpatuloy sa pagkain.

Napatiim-bagang ako sa narinig ko.

"'Ma, what if she is not the person you think she is." Hindi ko alam kung paano ko sisimulan 'to kay mama.

"What do you mean?" Nagtatanong ang tingin niya sa akin.

"I mean, what if Aria is not Aria?"

Napairap si mama sa akin at napailing.

"Ito na naman ba tayo, Bullet? When are you going to drop this issue? The girl needs us. Alam kong ayaw mo sa kanya at naiintindihan kita pero she needs help. Hunter would do the same if he is alive."

Shit. Mukhang malabo ko talagang mapaliwanagan si mama.

"Aria is a good person. You think she is a stranger and she is just using Hunter's death to have a piece of our money, I am telling you she is not. I can feel that she has a good heart. Would you believe that she is returning the family heirloom necklace and you know how much that costs." Paliwanag pa ni mama.

Napahinga ako ng malalim at muling sumubo ng pagkain. Sa isip ko ay naglalaro ang mga nabasa kong file ni Amy.

"Hunter already left and I know time will come that you will leave me too and it's okay with me. You need to build your own family. I need someone who will stay with me like a daughter and I think Aria is that person. She is already an orphan. She doesn't have any family and I can be her new family."

"'Ma, don't give high hopes on yourself. We don't know what her plans are. You need to be ready because one day she might decide to leave." Sagot ko sa nanay ko.

Nagkibit-balikat si mama.

"Well, I hope it's not tomorrow. Right now, I am just going to enjoy her company. Did you know that she decided to name her son after Hunter? Her baby would be named Horacio Nicanor Acosta Jr."

I looked at my mom and the excitement didn't leave on her face kaya pilit akong ngumiti.

"Well, that's a good news. How's your heart? Are you drinking your medicine?"

Nabanggit kasi sa aking ng personal doctor ni mama na parang hindi nababawasan ang mga gamot na ibinibigay niya dito. Dapat every fifteen days ang pagsu-supply ng gamot sa kanya at ngayon daw, two weeks ng hindi humihingi ng refill sa kanya si mama.

"My heart is fine so don't worry about me. Did you talk to Jean?" Ramdam kong parang nag-iba ang timpla ng boses ni mommy ng mabanggit ang ex-girlfriend ni Hunter.