'Talkin' Only'

"Black? How long do you wanna stare at the door?" Poison Ivy asked and I blinked, realizing I was standing in front of the giant clown's mouth of my hideout that already opened. "Sorry." I quickly ignored my thoughts about Jokee and shook my head.

I entered and the mouth closed behind Pamela and me, leaving us in a dark room without any light. "That looks different since I've been here last time." Poison Ivy stated but I didn't respond to that. 'Of course it changed, you've been away for a month, stupid plant-head.' Almost saying that out loud, I rolled my eyes as I opened the second door exactly seven steps ahead.

The bright lights immediately hit us and while I was used to them, Pamela sighed and put her hand in front of her eyes. "Geez, couldn't you warn me?" She closed the door behind her and I turned my head around with a smile. "Of course I could." I giggled and put out my coat. "But that wouldn't have been as funny!"

My stomach was more empty than usual so I quickly walked over to the fridge I painted some smiley faces and random words on. Just to make it look less boring.

"So...where's Harley now?" Pamela followed me and winced as I turned around to her with an entire sausage in my mouth. "Mmmmfff-mm!" I answered, knowing she didn't understand me.

"Geez! Eat first!" She rolled her eyes and I tilted my head with a grin before pushing the whole sausage into my mouth and swallowed it - causing Ivy to give me a disturbed look. "...are you serious?"

After I took another sausage, I shrug and grinned. "Hey, nobody toldcha ta watch." Poison Ivy shivered in disgust as I swallowed another one as a whole. "You're still watchin'." I chuckled and smiled at her.

Pamela blinked disturbed and narrowed her eyes. "Without. Fucking. Chewing." She kept staring at me and I sighed annoyed. "I'm hungry, 'kay? Now go ova ta Harley, da door to da right. Knock first."

Without moving, she still looked at me and I threw my hands in the air in annoyance, widened my eyes before jumping towards her. "Leave!" I yelled and Ivy jumped back in surprise. "Alright, just...calm down!" I turned around and got myself a little water.

"Yeah, calm down, Blacky!"

The new voice let me turn my head immediately, only to stare at the grinning face of Joker who leaned against the door frame with his left forearm.

"You are dead!" Pamela yelled and already attempted to punch Joker in the face but I stopped her by grabbing both of her wrists and pulling her back. Although I as well wanted nothing more than kick out his stupid metal teeth.

Poison Ivy still tried to escape my grip and glared at Joker who just smiled at her. "Let go, Black! I'm going to finish this asshole once and for all!" She growled and I just threw her aside against a wall, rendering her unconscious.

"Can't I just freakin' finish my damn meal without being disturbed?" I mumbled as I took a bite of an apple while looking at Pamela, making sure she wasn't too injured. Because I sure didn't want to draw Harley's wrath at me.

"Whatcha still doin' here, anyway?" I asked and stared at Joker, not sure if I was able to control myself and not already rip his face off. "Are that my sweatpants ya are wearin'?" 'Why, the frack?'

Joker chuckled and nodded. "Sorry about that, I'm gonna wash them." He scratched his neck but I shook my head and made a face. "Neva mind. Keep 'em. I'm not gon' use anythin' you touched."

"Well, if that is a problem, we might have to talk about a view things in that closet over there." Joker pointed over to my bedroom. I didn't understand at first and looked at him, then at the closet and back.

"No. You've been wearin' my shoes an' gloves?" I sighed and threw my head back. "Yes." Was the answer I received and I banged my head against the nearest wall. "Ya damn idiot, why, the hell?" I felt like crying and turned my head to him again. "Now what do ya..." I narrowed my eyes as I looked closer to his ear as Joker looked over to the fridge. "Is that...is that a bite mark?"

"Oh, yes. Had a fight with Batman some time ago. Maniac almost killed me." He growled and I banged my head against the wall once more, then just leaned against it with my forehead. "Where's Harley?" I just asked, really trying not to kill the idiot for just living at my hideout as if he owned it.

"Still sleeping." He simply answered and turned around to walk away and disappeared in Harley's room. Leaving me breathing heavy in anger about my own inability to do something against him.

'Chill, you'll get yer fun. But calm down now.' I closed my eyes and took a view deep breaths, then ran my hand through my hairs and grinned. 'He might feel safe. 'Cause Bruce's still roaming the streets. But...heh. Not for long.'

Until I knew who I could count in for my plan, I had to play the good friend. As much as I hated it, though. But there was no other way I could keep my plan a secret from Joker.

♦♦

I woke up to a loud bang and immediately jumped out of my bed. 'Who da hell is dis?' I wondered but quickly recognized Black Seven's dangerously calm voice and...Joker? 'Thought he left afta he gave me the shot?'

Still dizzy of tiredness, I sat back down on the bed and rubbed my eyes, blinking and already attempting to close them but multiple banging sounds let me wince again. 'What is goin' on outta there?' My curiosity was strong but my self control was stronger.

"First some mornin' routine, that'd be great." I reminded myself and opened the door that connected my bedroom with my bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my messy hairs. 'One night an' ya look like Scarecrow.'

Surprised by how fast I recovered from the most recent injuries, I smiled after putting on my harlequin costume. "Now where did I leave my mallet?" My eyes move to the closet beside my bed and I smile. "Right, there ya are!"

The second I grab the mallet, the door of my room is opened - which I find odd because Blacky always wants everyone to knock first.

I turn around, only to look at Joker standing right in front of my face and I dropped the mallet. Not that I was frightened but surprised that he was still here.

His eyes had the insane twinkle I loved so much and he smiled as he tilted his head. "Are you going to come to the Funhouse?" Joker asked and I was tempted to say 'hell ya!' Already but for some reason, I stopped myself.

"I...don't know if that's such a good idea." Looking down at the floor, I thought about what Black Seven said to me earlier. "It's just...I don't know. I think I need some time ta think 'bout...you an' me."

My eyes moved to Black Seven who leaned against the door frame and stared at me, as if he wanted me to tell Joker I didn't want to come back to him. Which would be very hard for me. Partly, because it was a lie.

"Sure, I understand." I sighed as his hand stroke my cheek, leaving me biting my lip because I now had to control myself more than usually. 'Pull yerself tagetha!'

Joker gave me a smirk and leaned in a bit. "But I want to talk to you about something." He kissed my cheek and moved his mouth to my ear so I felt his warm breath. "After all..." He whispered while he moved his left hand up to my shoulder. "...tomorrow's Valentine's Day. And I'm sure you don't want to spend it here."

My eyes were almost closed and some part of me knew I would regret it. But I sighed, closed my eyes entirety and turned my head so our cheeks touched as I put my hands on his hips. "I'll be there at eight. Talkin' only." The last part was more for myself as a reminder not to forget about me still being upset with him.

"Okay." Joker smiled at me, then walked back before he turned around and left. I stared after him and gulped. 'Well, so much for self control.' I sighed and picked up my mallet. "I don't wanna hear a damn thing." I said as I passed Black Seven. I knew agreeing with Joker was a bad idea and I didn't need someone else to tell me that.