The Plan

"Hey, Black Seven!" I called as I closed the door that connected the meeting hall to the hallway. He was walking pretty fast but the second Black Seven heard my voice he turned around to me, although he didn't stop walking, now backwards, though.

"Oh, hey, Poison Ivy, right?" The way he smiled was totally different from how he grinned just minutes ago, this smile was much warmer, almost friendly. "Long time no see, how are ya?"

I actually had trouble catching up to him, though he was walking backwards. "Yes. Good. I need to talk to you." My steps became faster to the point of almost running as Black Seven - without turning around - opened a door and entered a room, gesturing me to come in as well.

First thing I noticed was a four feet long lizard on the floor, staring at me and sticking it's tongue out. I shivered in disgust since these animals weren't my favorite, though I wasn't afraid of them.

"What is...this?" I asked as Black Seven picked the lizard up and turned around to face me with a grin. "That's a komodo dragon, awesome, huh? Found da poor guy locked up all alone in a dark room. He belongs ta Killer Croc. Say hello." He walked over to me and the lizard touched my face with it's tongue. "Get it out of my face!" I growled and sat down on a nearby chair.

"No animal friend, eh?" Black Seven giggled and scratched the komodo dragon's head while looking down at it. "So what didcha wanna talk 'bout? And please don't say weather." He threw his head back and sighed loud enough to wake the lizard up from its nap.

"I want to talk about Harley." His neck immediately straightened and he looked at me with big eyes. "What? Did something happen to her?"

"No, I guess she's fine. Calm down." It was upsetting enough for me that I haven't been able to see her in a month or more but I wouldn't say that out loud. "But I wanted to ask if...well. If t--" Like usual, Black Seven interrupted me in the middle of my sentence. "If that what I said outta there was true an' how I plan on killin' Joker."

He grabbed the tail of the lizard with his right hand, then sat it down on the floor while rolling his eyes. "I wouldn't invent such a story just fo' fun. Getcher head outta yer ass, plant lady."

Until now, I hoped he lied about Joker almost killing Harley. But now that I was assured that it was real, I blamed myself for not being able to help her. "Goddamn, poor Harley. Her injuries must have been awful. And I wasn't there to help her." I couldn't help it but pictured her with these horrible marks on her throat and face and this made me even more sad and furious than I already was.

Black Seven stood up and walked over to a sink to wash his blood covered face and gloves. "Self-pity yerself elsewhere. An' don't get me started on da way she looked or I'm gon' stab someone within da next minutes. Seriously." His words sounded like he was speaking through his teeth before he grabbed a towel and wiped the water off his face while I nodded.

"An' my plan isn't just revenge. That'd be too easy." And there was the green twinkle in his eyes again while he smiled. "What do you mean?" I asked and stared at the lizard on the floor swallowing an entire chicken leg that was laying in some corner. 'Ew, though!'

After sitting down again, Black Seven grinned and his eyelids twitched, making me feel as if I was speaking to Joker - and I just noticed how similar they looked. 'Coincidence?'

"I'm gonna take that clown's reason ta live - a.k.a. Batman - first, then tell Joker a little somethin' 'bout his past, which, believe me, dear, I know pretty well about. An' then, I will crush each of his teeth with fuckin' tongs." The way Black Seven stared down on the floor let me shake in discomfort.

"But. How are you going to do that?" I tried not to drift off and smiling too much by imagining Joker screaming in pain. "I mean, everyone tried to kill the psychopath at least six times. What makes you think you can do it?" Nothing would've made me happier than seeing the clown suffer but I wasn't going to join in for a plan that would surely fail.

"He's just survived 'cause Batman's always protected 'im. If ya wanna kill Joker, ya gotta kill Batman. An' the otha war 'round. 'N da only way ta kill the bat is by takin' out his allies." Black Seven licked his lips and smiled bright. "Like Batwoman, Batgirl, Alfred, Gordon an' the birdies. I'm gonna catch all of 'em. Not killin'. 'Cause where'd be da fun for y'all later? I'm just gonna make Bats believe I killed these guys."

My eyes widened at his explanation but I just needed to know the details on his last sentence. "You know how good Batman is when it comes to finding out about fake letters, body parts and stuff."

Black Seven chuckled and tilted his head. "Not if ya know yer way 'round stem cells. I do. An' I can let 'em artificially get older within days. So I can create a fifty year old heart out of a little saliva and send it to Bats. It'll be literally Jim's heart. But I'm going too much inta details now, we'll see 'bout my plan when I know which an' how many of these creeps are gonna join in."

Was it wrong to say that I was impressed by his plans? They surely depended on how many rogues were available but still, it was way more complicated than every idea of killing Batman and Joker I've heard so far. Black Seven definitely handled this better and with more brain than Scarecrow or even Nygma.

"See, the problem with all of them idiots is that they all have awesome strengths and, I suppose ya can call it superpowers." Black Seven looked at me again as he leaned back in his chair with his eyes closed. "But, they can't organize themselves. They argue ova every little crap. These people need someone who can handle and understand 'em, on a psychological level."

"That sounds logical. Your plans sound amazing!" I didn't give psychos compliments often but right now, it was appropriate. Especially because Black Seven went from admiring Batman to complete and total hate.

"I know." He simply stated and waved his arms in the air. "It's from me. Must be awesome. Thanks, though." The green twinkle in his eyes disappeared and his smile immediately became more soft.

"If you allow me one other question, what is it with you and your promises? I mean, you take them more serious than everyone I know." My curiosity was pretty overwhelming and I just couldn't help it but ask.

Black Seven grinned and walked over to something that looked like a really old fridge. "Promises don't mean anythin' special ta me." He took a piece of liver and threw it over to the komodo dragon who caught it with its damn big mouth. "What I have is obsessive compulsive disorder. When I give someone a promise, I just have ta keep it, it's been funny at first but now it just annoys me. Also, because that ain't my only problem. Like. I also can't handle my hands gettin' dirty. That's why I wear them gloves all da time. By the way, those ain't even my only ticks."

Well, that explained many things. "Well, thank you for the talk, Black Seven. See you later then." I stood up and opened the door but got stopped by his words.

"Yer plants Two-Face kept are first door ahead up the hall, also..." He walked over to me with the lizard in his arms. "I'm gonna get some stuff from my other hideout, if ya want to, ya can come with me an' see Harley."

My heart skipped a beat. "Yes! Thanks, Black Seven, you're awesome!" A big smile grew on my face and I quickly hugged him. And I finally knew where Harley was at the moment.

He smirked and looked aside. "Don't need ya ta tell me 'bout it, Pam."