At Arkham

"Sir, I have someone on the phone for you."

I stared into the darkness outside, then turned around and sighed. "Who's it, Alfred?"

"I don't know. But he wants to talk to you, says it is very important." He answered and handed me the phone.

"Hello?" I asked, putting my left hand in my pocket, looking at the many streetlights of Gotham.

"Is it hard, trying to keep the city under control, Batman?" A robotic voice answered and I froze first, then giving Alfred a sign to record and track the voice.

"Who's this?" I asked, not expecting a valuable answer, though. Staring at the computer as it tried to locate the man or woman on the phone, I waited for the voice.

"You know me. But it is not me who is talking. And back to the problem at hand." Still waiting for the analysis, I sat down on the desk, suspicious about what they said. 'Another problem?'

Ever since the Joker was killed, the city's criminals were out of control. Without anyone to fear, Two-Face was able to form his own alliance of villains, acting fast and without me being able to tell what he will do next. I was exhausted and the feeling of helplessness grew in my heart.

After a short moment of silence, the person continued: "There will be a view big bangs in Gotham tomorrow."

My eyes widened and I gasped. "What?"

"Two-Face has six bombs hidden in Gotham. And there will be loads of dead people. Except you defuse them in time." The person sounded like suppressing a giggle.

"Where are they?" I asked, still keeping in mind that this could've been a trap.

"Follow the red spots. Keep an eye on Deadpool and Deadshot."

I quickly turned to the computer as the person hung out. "What do we have?" I asked Alfred and he pushed the record button on the computer.

It couldn't be entirely identified but it was definitely a man who called. Then the location appeared. Or better, the locations.

My eyes widened and I gasped. Two of them inside hospitals, one at a police station, another one in Arkham and the last two in power stations.

"Gotta go." I said, immediately running towards the door but Alfred stopped me. "Sir, you know this person could also trick you?"

"Yes. But whoever this was, he knows who I am and this gives me as much chills as these bombs."

♦♦

"I thought we were friends!" Harley yelled as Deadshot dumped her in the cell behind her, then a policeman inside the control station closed the doors.

Scratches all over his face, Deadshot didn't answer, just wheezed a bit as he walked away. Black Spider already left the scene to get his wounds treated.

"I swear to god, when I get out and find Mistah J, we will r..." Harley screamed, but was silenced by the pain her dislocated shoulder gave her.

"When?" Deadshot almost laughed and Harley looked up as he turned around, coming back at her, stopping right in front of the glass.

A creepy smile formed on his face as he leaned in and whispered: "You won't ever see him again. He is dead since months, Two-Face and I shot him seven times, then he fell into a river. Only bones were found."

From where he was standing, Deadshot could see how something inside Harley broke. Her face became white as the Joker's, her eyes got a dark, foggy look and her entire body started shaking in shock.