Bad Luck

"Jason, Dick, what the devil's going on in there?" I screamed, failing to open the door for the fifth time. No answer, only some screams and the sound of something being tossed around and slammed against walls or the floor.

I jumped back in surprise as the glass vibrated again and suddenly, two knifes got stuck through it, almost stabbing me in the head. 'What the...!'

Blood soaked the cracks of the glass, forming the silhouettes of arms around the jagged blades of the knifes.

'Hell no!' I grabbed the door again, groaning while vigorously pushing even harder and finally, I heard a clicking sound and it fell open, revealing the disgusting room.

"What in the name of god?!" I froze, not able to move as I stared at Nightwing holding Damian's blood covered body while he wasn't able to stand up because his right leg was - what it seemed like - broken and Jason was shot three times in his back but still, he stood as if nothing happened.

Yet, the whole room looked like the house of a butcher. The walls were covered with fresh blood as well as the floor, making me almost throw up at the awful smell.

I glimpsed Onomatopoeia who stumbled, bleeding from various wounds that looked like he got stabbed and punched a whole damn lot but he still held his knife with one hand and his stomach with the other one. His clothes were soaked in his own blood that dropped down on the floor, forming a small puddle around his feet.

"What happened to Damian?" I asked, quickly running over to Dick and checking on Robin.

"He's just unconscious, this is not his blood. Everything's alright, Batman." Jason explained and I quickly pulled myself together, nodded and looked at Onomatopoeia who slowly walked towards me but fell down as he slipped in his blood and remained on the floor without moving.

"Where is Black Seven?" The question answered itself as I looked around and saw him, attached to the big window with two knifes stabbed through his forearms and a massive amount of blood covering his face, dropping down his nose and...a big cut leading from the left corner of his mouth up his cheek. 'Goddamnit!'

"Is he dead?" I asked, slowly walking over to Black Seven whose head sloppily hung sidewards with his eyes half way closed and his mouth open.

Nightwing tried to stand up but couldn't move his leg and remained sitting on the floor before wiping blood off his chin. "I think so. But. If it wasn't for him, we'd be all dead right now." He wheezed while holding his left shoulder which was swollen and bleeding a bit.

I stopped right in front of Black Seven, staring in his eyes that looked like blood has dropped into them and put my finger on his neck, trying to feel a pulse which was actually pretty hard with my gloves.

After feeling nothing, I looked closer to his face but suddenly, his eyes moved to me, making me jump back in surprise about this sudden sign of life.

"Black Seven? Can you hear me?" I asked, quickly calming down and widening my eyes.

Instead of answering, he took a deep breath, straightened his neck and slowly blinked. He was barely touching the floor with his feet as he looked to his arms and started to breath heavier with his jaws pressed together.

I quickly stepped closer, grabbed one of the knifes and told him that this would hurt but received no answer. He just stared at his right forearm.

Without a visible reaction of his, I pulled the knife out and his arm, expecting him to move it but instead, Black Seven didn't do anything at all, he just kept breathing in pain.

After I pulled out the second knife, he stumbled a little, barely able to take his own weight with his eyes staring at me but it seemed like he didn't see me at all.

"Jason, can you carry Nightwing and Robin upstairs? I'm gonna take Black Seven and Onomatopoeia." He nodded, picked up Dick by his arm and helped him to walk while Nightwing held Damian in his other arm.

I turned to Black Seven who was breathing even fastee as he straightened his back, slowly walking towards me and placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Let's go." I was about to take him out of here when he looked straight into my eyes while wheezing. "What's wrong?" I asked, only to get thrown aside by him and immediately hearing Black Seven groaning.

"What the--" I quickly turned my head, only to see Onomatopoeia who stabbed a knife in Black Seven's right shoulder. 'He stood right behind me? How come I didn't notice this?' Maybe it was because Black Seven breathed too fast and that surely makes some noise.

Onomatopoeia twisted the big knife as I ran towards him but just before I reached him, I heard something cracking. As if bone broke.

Black Seven closed his eyes tightly, groaning louder before quickly punching Onomatopoeia's chin, breaking his lower jaw and kicking him in the shin.

"Ha...ha." Black Seven smiled and I punched Onomatopoeia so hard in the face, he fell unconscious. "Damn it, Black Seven, why didn't you say anything?" I angrily asked and turned around, realizing he already held the knife in his hand after pulling it out of his shoulder.

His eyes rolled back in his head and he fainted, almost falling on the blade he dropped but I caught him right in time.

"Batman, what takes you so lo--" Jason asked after he came back but stopped as he saw Onomatopoeia laying right behind me. "What happened to Black Seven?"

"Saved me from being stabbed in the neck. Now help me get him up." I simply answered and Jason grabbed Black Seven's legs before we carried him upstairs in the Batmobile.

"Alfred's gonna pick you up and take you all to the hospital, I'm gonna drive Black Seven over to his hideout. Gordon's gonna take care of Onomatomoeia." Without another word, I got in my car and drove off as fast as I could.

Black Seven's eyelids were twitching and fresh blood ran out of his mouth as his hands started shaking. "Damn it, Black Seven, stay the hell awake!"

He could barely keep his eyes open as I stopped the Batmobile in front of the theater and quickly picked him up before running inside.

"Riddler? Give me the second shot! Now!" I spotted him and he jumped up from his chair in surprise before he stared at Black Seven with big eyes. "I-I can't! It's gone." Poison Ivy joined from another room, quickly closing the door behind her and gasped at Black Seven's look.

"What the f...reaking hell do you mean, it's gone?!" The amount of blood on Black Seven's body let my arms look like I was wounded as well.

"W-Well, when you left, I gave Harley the last shot, I hoped it would help her recover at least a bit. I-I d-didn't know that...that this was going to happen. I'm s-sorry!" Nygma walked back as if he was scared of me.

If I hadn't been worried about Black Seven so much, I definitely would've punched him for so much stupidity.