Part 11- The Beautiful kitchen

Mrs. Sprikly pushed her cart and entered the room.She saw two international chefs, who were the judges of the show were seated and they had smile on their faces. They welcomed her and got up and one of them asked - " Mrs. Sprikly tell me something about your dish."

"Umm...err.. it's a cookie cream cheesecake with litchi topping and a plum ganache decorated with chocolate shavings and litchi pieces to compliment it."

"Wow , that's sounds great. Let's taste it."

The judges dug into the cheesecake and as they put it in their mouths Mrs. Sprikly's hands started shivering out of nervousness.

"Do you think this simple cheesecake will give you entry to the master chef kitchen ?" asked the senior chef, Gale Michael with a grin.

Mrs. Sprikly's mind went blank. She didn't reply. All she did was crossed her fingers behind her back and prayed to the Almighty.

"Mrs. Sprikly your dish has won our heart and I am giving you entry to the master chef kitchen. - a young chef , Reynold, handed her a white apron with her name printed on it.

He further told-" Mrs. Sprikly , I would love to eat the entire cheesecake.You are amazing."

With tears of joy Mrs. Sprikly wore the apron. This was a wonderful feeling. She was so happy that she couldn't stop smiling as well as crying.

"See you soon, Mrs. Sprikly" - and they waved her.

As Mrs. Sprikly came out from the room, Ana,who was anxiously waiting was very excited to see the white apron . She jumped out of joy and hugged her.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"You know what, Mrs. Sprikly had made a simple cheesecake,but her flavours are extremely wonderful."- Reynolds spoke retiring into his chair.

"I agree, I have something else in mind. It was a good decision to select her because she can be an inspiration to many. And let's see how she works under pressure and according to the rules of the show. "- Gale smirked.

"And most probably I would want to increase my shows ratings with some drama on the show. " winked the director of the show, Anthony.

"Oh! come on Anthony , there is no doubt your show would be on top. Then why all this?" Reynold raised his brows.

"You are never going to get it my friend. Its all business. By the way you guys eat such delicious things and don't even give me a bite. So tell me who is at loss."Anthony folded his hands over the chest.

"Phew! Whatever. I'm going to pack , Bye see you later. - Gale got up from his chair and gathered the things and left.

---------------------------------------------------------
The next few days Mrs. Sprikly kept herself busy with some cooking books, studying the recipes and their ingredients. She had to leave for the show in a week and had to stay in the master chef quarters until she was out of the show. This was bit challenging for her as she had to leave her confidence booster, Ana. But she had to make herself strong and now she knew that negative thoughts are her biggest enemy . She had to overcome that to win any situation. Though at the beginning it was obvious to her She just wanted to participate in the show, but now she wanted to win.
---------------------------------------------------------
Mrs. Sprikly's stuff was packed and she got ready to leave. Ana was initially sad but didn't let that hover around. Finally Jackson and Ana left Mrs. Sprikly to the quarters and were riding back home .

"I feel as if I have left a part of my
body . It really feels so bad." Ana wiping away her tears.

"You are acting childish Ana . Remember! You were the one who pushed her for this. And now you are crying. This is not fair. Don't you want to see her successful?- Jackson spoke handing over a pack of tissue to Ana.

After five minutes of sniffing and sobbing Ana was back to normal.

Mrs. Sprikly felt like a stranger. Her mind went back to the days when she had taken Neil to the school for the first time and how he had screamed and almost ran from there and held Mrs. Sprikly tightly. She had the same feeling here. But,she couldn't let her emotions take over.
The room had four beds, a kitchen and a bathroom and it was shared among Mrs.Sprikly Clara, Neville and Aslam as room partners.They introduced themselves and after some chit chat left to rest as they had to leave early in the morning for the show.

---------------------------------------------------------
The next morning all the contestants and the judges gathered in the master chef kitchen. It was a huge kitchen with cooking stations and a big store with all kind of ingredients and things used for cooking. The walls were covered with pictures of previous years winners and the cylindrical light bulb were hung from above. The judges stood near a wall which had a large chocolate fountain flowing and above it the logo 'M' craved in white chocolate. There was also a room which was separated from the kitchen, exclusively for judges which was used during the show for tasting the dishes prepared by the contestants.

 There was also a room which was separated from the kitchen, exclusively for judges which was used during the show for tasting the dishes prepared by the contestants

All the contestants were excited to see the ambience and the setup.
Mrs. Sprikly couldn't believe that she was standing here. She used to watch these in television but never in her dream did she think that one day she would be standing here.

There were rolling cameras and the director and producers of the show were setting up. The contestants were given sheets with rules and regulations of the show.

The show begun.

----------------------------------------------------------
Hello lovely people,

Are you guys excited for the show? What challenges will Mrs. Sprikly have to face?

Let's see in the next chapter.

Guys, if you like this chapter please vote and comment.