The outside world

'I' = thoughts
I = actions
"I" = someone speaking

~Byakuya togami's POV~

There we are, sitting and staring at the outside door that has unlocked itself after the last trial. 'Finally, after so long we get to be free from this prison.' "Okay guys, this is it, we have no idea what's waiting for us on the other side of this door." Naegi says, "well whatever it is, I'm ready for it!" Asahina says in a uplifting tone. "Yeah, sure I guess." Hagakure mumbles. "Are you all ready?" Kirigiri asks, everyone nods. "Hehe, where ever my Togami goes, I go." Fukawa currently genocider syo says, I roll my eyes. "Aaa-choo! H-huh, wait, we're g-getting out!" Fukawa says confused, kirigiri opens the door. 'Huh, it's nothing like Monokuma, or shall I say junko said it would be like. But it's definitely not the same either.' We all walk more out in the open to get a better view of things, gasps are heard among us, Fukawa freaks out, Asahina starts to cry. "N-no, w-way!" She yells.

The streets that were once filled with cars and people walking the side walks are now deserted with no one in site. 'This isn't as bad as junko said but it's not good at all. Where did all the people go?' "H-hey, did anyone check the date on their phone when we got them back." Naegi says glaring at his phone, we all shake our heads no. "W-well, we arrive at this school on September 26, 2013. It's now January 15, 2015." 'Damn! I forgot we've been in that hell hole for over a year, I would never think it was two years.' "I think we should search for clues on what happen, we should also all exchange numbers, just so we can plan the next time we meet up." 'This isn't going to end is it? Why, why out of everyone this had to happen to me. Being stuck at that stupid school with these idiots, and now this.' We all exchange contact information. "I don't think it would be smart for us to split either, so, I'll go with Naegi. Asahina can go with Hagakure, leaving Togami with Fukawa." I turn and begin to walk away. "Oh please, like I'd listen to you Kirigiri. Beside I work alone, this one just follows behind, so if you didn't declare us as partners it wouldn't matter anyway." I say, and with no surprise Fukawa follows closely behind me. "M-master t-togami?" "What do you want." "Ahh, I-I, just wanted to k-know where w-we're going?!" She says with her normal stuttering, "well if you must know, I'm going back home before I start this silly investigation." I find a deserted car in the middle of the street. 'It seems to be in good working condition.' I throw my things in the trunk, I get in the car, Fukawa just stands there. "What are you doing? Get in the car." "O-oh, I-i'm, sorry M-master t-togami!" She puts her things away then gets in the passenger side, I start to drive off. "M-master, you're d-driving pretty f-fast." "Okay and? It doesn't matter since there is obviously no more people in town.

Five minutes into driving, "M-master t-togami look!" I look over to what she's pointing at, it appears to be an old women walking alone on the side. I pull the car over, I get out, fukawa follows behind. "Excuse me ma'am, me and my partner were being detained for the past two years, we don't have a clue what happened here. Could you please tell us if you know anything about it?" "I-is there any more of you?" The women asks. "Only four others." "Oh, that's sad. Well a year and a half ago overpopulation began to be a problem. The government didn't know how to handle it until a weird look bear came along, who ever controlled it wanted to keep their identity hidden I guess. The bear suggested to wipe out most the population, but the government wasn't very fond. The bear grew angry, the next day there were millions of them killing innocent people, if you were lucky, you got to live. The government made a public announcement, there was something about them, they looked completely brain washed in the eyes. It was only in Japan then it grew, the bears migrated to every continent wiping out populations to 100 people per country. We tries fighting back but there were to many of them and they kept growing and growing in numbers. Me and a couple of others were lucky to hide out underground until it was over but, most hide outs were broken into. The government held on to the 100 people that would live, then once all of it was over, the bears self distrusted, and the people were let go. Just six months ago people started to repopulate, it's going to take a while to get back to where we were but we're trying." I sit there without words, my mind completely blank. 'There's no doubt that my parents didn't make it.' I look down at the floor trying to hold in tears. "I'm sorry dear, if you two need me I'll be near the area, I must now go and get food for the other two people that hid with me and survived." The old women walks away, I clench my fists. 'Don't do it Togami, you can't let your guard down.' "M-master?" A tear falls from my eye. 'Damnit!' Fukawa is hesitant but she approaches me from the back, wrapping her arms around my stomach, she presses her body up against mine burrowing her head in my back. "I-I'm sorry, you're s-sad." I take off my glasses wiping my tears with my sleeve. "That's enough. Let's go." She jumps releasing me from her small grip. "R-right!" We get back in the car.