Chapter 23

Chapter 23 Everything To Me

-----

"My breaking point.

I never knew that I even have that point.

But to see her so pained,

Because of bigots who don't deserve her,

Pains me more that she knows.

And I know,

That I can do something to ease her pain.'

-----

Once upon a time, in a faraway land is a tiny kingdom. In this kingdom lived a well-off gentleman with his beautiful daughter, Cinderella. The two lived in peace until the gentleman got remarried to a woman with a vile and greedy heart.

When the gentleman died, Cinderella was soon forced to turn into a servant of her own home. She grew up quite spendidly despite the misfortune she had faced caused by her stepmother and stepsisters.

The girl in a worn-out dress was pushed down as someone dressed up as a mature figure sneered at her fallen figure.

Looking down, she fought the salty tears that threatened to fall down from her blue eyes.

'Sh*t. These contacts are getting annoying,' the actress of Cinderella thought as she bitterly watched her "stepmother" and "stepsisters" exit the stage.

Right on cue, a lone spotlight shone in her direction. She ignored the urge to squint and let her eyes look towards a far distance.

Releasing a heavy sigh, she stood up and brushed her brown apron from the dust it collected from the floor.

"Well, at least I won't have to sweep to the floor anymore," she said, earning a laugh from the audience.

The girl threw all her doubts regarding Kou away from her mind in attempt to focus on their stage play. She understood the gravity of her situation but she didn't want the class' efforts to go to waste. Thus, she will do her best to play her role.

Another spotlight then was shone, but this time it highlighted a blond male walking down a grand staircase just beside the girl. His background was more invigorating and light, indicating that the two were in different places.

"I told you, Luis, I don't want to get married until I find the woman of my dreams," Shuu's cerulean eyes tried its best to hide his boredom but they weren't really doing a good job. He looked like he wanted to sleep on the ground there and then.

"And that is why I am proposing the ball, Young Master," Reiji answered in a robotic tone, crimson eyes staring heavily at the girl he wasn't supposed to see.

...

The stage went silent as the violet-haired male failed to deliver his next line for he was too focused on staring at the girl.

...

Shuu quickly caught up and coughed, "So? Why did you stop there? Does that pause imply that you also don't understand what you're getting at?"

Reiji's attention snapped back to his older brother, a snarl forming on his features.

He was still very enraged by the scene he saw moments ago. He was about to comfort her as she suddenly showed a sign of intense grief but the annoying halfling just had to appear out of nowhere and sweep her off her feet. The b*stard even embraced her!