Chapter 12

Chapter 12 Honesty or Deception

"I'm falling down,

In a spiral of unending sadness,

I thought that it already went away,

I thought that it won't bother me anymore,

But there it was,

Punching a hole of sorrow in my gut,

Rendering me speechless,

Rendering me breathless,

As I continue to drown,

In my own doubts,

In my own sorrow."

-

----

'Not bad.'

Kou let his eyes linger around the room he was escorted to. It was a room with a comfortable space-- not too small, not too big. The interior was decorated with the hue of royal blue accentuated with gold.

He sat on one of the plush royal blue sofa which was adjacent to another one, a coffee table keeping a moderate space between them.

"Would you please have enough decency to state your business here, Mr. Mukami?" came the piercing sharp voice of a certain Sakamaki.

It was none other than the second oldest brother, Reiji Sakamaki. He was not in the mood for any pleasantries. The event that had conspired mere days ago left a deep impression in his part, leaving him with a couple of sleepless days. He was worried sick for her, accompanied by the feeling of longing. And he wasn't fond of entertaining some half-breed who dare to enter their abode.

He was indeed aware that the person in front of him is a half-breed. After all, this person and his brother have already been parading around the school for the past weeks or so, even before his girl returned.

And oh, the issue about his girl is another can of worms he couldn't wait to crush open. Recently, he found out that the male in front of him is intimately close with her, enough for them to live in the same household.

It doesn't make sense for the girl to escape a vampire household and move to another one.

Unless...

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was too enthralled with your decor." Kou grinned innocently, "It suits old men like you."

...

"Anyway," the Mukami's eyes twinkled in mischief, "I'm here to collect my girlfriend's belongings."

...

The second silence of the conversation ensued as Reiji tried to keep his composure on. It was hard considering the words the other male had dropped. After all, it was easy enough for him to put two to two

Girlfriend? His girl? His girl is this half-breed's lover?

"Excuse me, would you mind repeating what you just said?"

"Uhhh, should I dumb it down for you?" Kou asked, "I didn't know that purebloods are stupid."

He beamed, "But don't worry! I'm patient. enough to repeat what I said. I said that I'm. Here. To. Get. My. Girlfriend's. Belongings... Do you get me now?"