Amica Mea II

dear soulmate,

i finally learned one important lesson.

there is no such thing as a soulmate.

and if there is,

i have already lost my soul.

so now, i will seek my own happy ending.

good bye.

xoxo

------

"You've changed," a familiar gruff voice told the girl.

"For the better, I hope?" she countered, facing the albino with a grin. Sharp canine teeth flashed and gleamed against the dark.

Her skin became a cold shade of what it once was. Her eyes had turned lighter as well, an ethereal yet haunting glow present in her irises.

There was a long silence as the youngest Sakamaki thought of his answer.

"You fit our world better now," he finally said.

"The world of crusty old men who happens to be immortal?" she chuckled as the other vampire gave her a disapproving look. Her rouge-painted lips sought the familiar sensation of a cigarette. She took one from her pocket and lit it up, proceeding to place it between her lips.

She took a long inhale, letting the feeling of smoke fill her lungs and provide a minty sensation in her throat. She exhaled through her mouth, a thin line of smoke dispersing in the night.

The two sat in the familiar gazebo in the mansion's garden, watching the full moon in its glory.

"You've become ruthless. Death does not mean anything to you anymore... Did something happen?" he asked. 

"A lot happened," was her simple answer, taking another drag from her poison. She placed a hand to her stomach, brief images of her pasts flashing inside her head. 

"... Your father is an asshole," she said once she snapped out of her trance, "... We're all just his stupid toys."

"For decades I thought hard; what was my sin?" a deep inhale and exhale from her cigarette, "Then I realized, my only sin is being born from my mother and father's genes."

She chuckled a bit, scratching the back of her head, "I might sound a bit cryptic and weird right now. Like you and your brothers. Damn, okay, I see your point now."

She took a deep breath, this time without the little stick of poison in her mouth, "I want to vent to you, Subaru but you can only understand so few. I'll just sound insane to you. So I'd rather take this to my grave."

"Or no grave at all! I'm immortal now so suck it."

Subaru couldn't refute the girl. She got even more unhinged and incoherent. Whatever she said felt like a madwoman's words. Despite this, he knew that she was still the caring person that he was acquainted. And he found it surprising that she chose to...

"Ah, I know that face. The 'why did you kill that innocent human?' face," she interjected his train of thought.

The albino grunted and looked away. Was his facial expression that readable?

"It's revenge. I owe it to myself," she answered light-heartedly, "Best. treat. ever. The confusion she felt when I made my proposition to him. Her pained face when her true love approached her with malice. Her tears in anguish as he slowly, excruciatingly, pulled out her heart."

"I wonder if she could still see us when he offered her bloody heart to me and gave me the sloppiest kiss that I experienced," she said, "Just a slight segue, I forgot how he's so good with his tongue-"