Chapter 6

Chapter 6 Hi, Hello

-----

'Today, I met you.

I don't know who you are.

I don't know if I should care who you are.

You told me to focus on the present.

So I guess I'll do that.'

-----

The clock stroke midnight and by then, the number of people in the pier carnival started to diminish. The couple who had just departed the Ferris wheel were holding each other's hand, one giant stuffed toy carried in each of their free arm.

"Will we be able to escape the hospital again?" the girl asked with a head tilt.

"Nah."

Both laughed at this, the girl having a more miserable tone to hers. It seemed like she wouldn't be able to go out for a while. She was lowkey starting to regret her actions.

After their laughter had toned down, a comfortable silence enveloped each other's company. They just walked alongside each other, the warmth of their hands providing them the words they didn't bother to say.

"F*ckin' hell, ya as*h*le!!" a loud voice growled.

"Whoops. We're screwed." The blond male playfully stuck a tongue out, pulling the girl closer to his frame, as if to shield him away from an incoming assault.

Which was possible. They were in a barren park with little to no illumination, after all. A tall figure stood under the light of a street lamp which gave said figure a more intimidating look to it.

"You're gonna have a bad time, blondie!" the tall figure was a familiar brunette with piercing glare.

"Why? We just wanted to have fun."

"I... was forced... to walk... a long... distance." Another figure stepped into the spotlight, someone who looked like a dwarf beside the bear-looking man. "... because of you."

"I don't like... this type... of pain."

"We could have predicted that they'll go somewhere near and fun." a voice behind the couple suddenly said.

This cold voice made the girl turn around, seeing a crimson-haired male with a vibrant crimson pair of eyes mere feet away from them.

"Holy crap, Kou. We're being assaulted by three good looking goons. This is a nice way to die but is it just me but I'm not in the mood to die?" once again, the chilling atmosphere was broken by the girl. "Heck, they can also speak in Japanese."

"Pft." The blond removed his grip on the girl's hand, holding his mouth to prevent a boisterous laughter to break the mood.

"Y'all. We can all call this a day and go home to our loving families." She continued, darting her eyes from one figure to another.

By now, her mind was racing for ideas to escape their current predicament.

"You know? Sit by the fireplace with your loved ones... I'll even give you this... stuffed toy!" she threw the bear she was holding to the crimson-haired male, simultaneously grabbing Kou's hand and dashing towards the assailant's direction.

The surprised male was slightly stunned as the bear hit him square on the face, making him almost lose his balance. The girl took this opportunity to land a sidekick on the unstable guy's feet, making him topple backwards.