"Nia, I need you to sign the birth certificate". Jameer let out through labored breath.

"What? You want me to be baby J's other parent?". Nia felt honored that Jameer trusted her so much.

"If anything happens to me, I need to know that my baby will be taken care of. Anaya is too much of a party girl. But I know my baby will be safe in your hands". Jameer took hold of Nia's hands.

"Ok, Jameer. I will. But your gonna be fine. I promise you'll make it out of this without any problems. Ok?". Nia squeezed her hands.

"Nia, there's one more thing". Jameer's heart rate picked up.

"Yeah?". Nia looked in her eyes.

"I became friends with Trey". Jameer revealed.

Nia took a step back. She couldn't believe what she was hearing right now. 

"You and Trey? Friends? Jameer, you know everything I've been through with Trey. How long has this been going on?". Nia was in awe at the moment.

"A couple weeks". Jameer answered not looking at Nia,

"And you felt the need to be friends with him why?". Nia was really confused.

"You and Anaya are all booed up. And I'm just alone most of the time. I just needed somebody to talk to". Jameer started tearing up.

"And out of all the thousands of people on campus, you choose Trey? Trey my ex who accused me of sleeping with your ex on multiple occasions? Do you have any idea how fucked up this is?". Nia was pacing the room.

"Nia, listen I didn't want to hurt chu". Jameer tried to make eye contact as best as she could.

"I'm not hurt Jameer. I'm in a healthy relationship. I'm just disappointed. If anybody knew what I went through with Trey you and Anaya would be the top two to know. And yet you go and become friends with this dude. How would you feel if I went and found Boston in New York and we suddenly became the best of buds". Nia frowned.

"That's different. Boston left me once he found out I wasn't getting an abortion. Trey left because he thought you and Boston were hooking up. I didn't intend to become friends with him, Nia. He just kinda grew on me". Jameer defended.

"I don't even know what to say to you right now. How could you even sit here in my face and tell me y'all friends even after knowing all the shit I went through with him. I can't even look at chu right now". Nia stormed out the room and everybody else came in.

"What happened?". Anaya asked Jameer.

"I told Nia I've been talking to Trey as friends". Jameer replied sighing.

Nobody could even say anything. They were so shocked.   

Roscoe immediately ran after Nia.        

"Babe!". He yelled down the hallway to her.

As short as she was, Nia could run. Roscoe tried calling her a bunch of times until he began to get fed up.

"Nia!".  Roscoe called firmly.

She stopped but didn't turn around. From the tone in his voice, she knew he was pissed off.

He caught up to her and she turned around. Her face was red and she had tears falling down her face.

"Yo what is going on wit chu?". Roscoe took her by the arm.

Nia was silent.

"Nia what is you crying for? You still got feelings for that nigga?". Roscoe's face was contorted in anger.