An Old Face

BELLA'S POV

My Friday nights have never been so productive before. That's a problem, people and more people are showing up. It was supposed to be private, so if anyone at school heard they could show up. Nathan, Lana nor I said anything and Parker's outta the question; but it seems that everyone's found out! It's flooded on the media so Nathan requested heavy security. Cool fact, Nathan's Dad owns a security firm.

Now the actual question is; what to do? I don't want to go, but if I don't Parker's just going to drag me anyway. So maybe I can hide in his library and lock the door. I just hope he doesn't pull a fast one and lock the door before I get there. "Bella what are you going to wear?" The middle aged woman comes rushing in my room with a bag of make-up. My Mom really didn't want me going to the party since the food poisoning incident. It took a lot of persuasion- no it really didn't. This is the most I've been out by choice, so she doesn't mind me going all that much. "What type of look are we going for?" She asks putting her tools down on my small chair next to my closet. Now she's digging through my closet for anything.

"I don't care. Maybe a sweater and some-"

"Oh no you don't! Now what make-up style are you for?" I hope she knows if she finds a dress in my closet then it's most definitely hers. I don't have dresses. I have long shirts? Short jeans, long jeans and overalls. That's about it.

"None. I already washed my face!" The sound of low growling was heard when I plopped myself in bed. I could still hear her scruffling in the closet.

"Thank goodness I went shopping after work yesterday!" Her voice sighed with relief.

"Eh?" By time I bounce up she's already gone. Wild guess; she went to her room. "Mom what are you doing?" By time I rush in behind her, she's looking in her colorful closet.

"Don't worry honey! I'll find it in a minute." Her rummaging made me terrified of what she would pull out that I started dashing back to my room in my bathrobe. "Bella I really think you'll like it!" After those words, I crawled under my blanket and started praying. "I found it! Alright Bell I'm coming to show you!" I'm going to not judge what it is by my mother's style, so I poke my head out. Once she's arrived in my room a wide grin grew on her face. "Do you like it?"

She had me scared of this? Well it's not so bad. I could wear it. "Sure." I responded for the sake of not hurting her feelings. A black dress over the knee with a hood. The material isn't meant for someone with a big cheast like me.

Once I put on the dress, I decided to wear my black and white converse with it. It really did hide."How about your hair? Huh?" My hair?

"A ponytail, I guess." After that embarrassing time with Mom, someone seemed to be waiting awhile outside.

"You know what I tell you right?" Mom's voice rang as I take a second step outside.

"Mrs. Romano, she's perfectly fine with me. Though you should remember what your mother told you?" I quietly growled with a smile.

"Well be save you two." My mother leans at the open door sighing as I jump in his grey Porsche, she was smiling. Her body seemed way less tense like a huge burden lifted off her chest.

By time on the road, anxiety slowly pent up in my body from the fact of me going to a party. Things go wrong at parties ninety nine percent of the time than going right. Imagining me being that nearly under one percent of this going right is like a dream that'll never come true. Slowly but surely, my movements started showing extreme nervousness. My heart pounded hard, and I couldn't stay still in the car seat.

I felt the pair of eyes on me, gradually investigating my movements and facial expressions. School doesn't intimate me like parties do. I quickly turned my head to the drivers side. "Why so fidgety Bell?" The boy asked.