Chapter 45: Bonus chapter

I'm too sad to let this story go, so here's a final FINAL chapter to spoil you with. Love you all.

James' POV:

6 years later

"Please Sir, I'm afraid for mine and my son's safety. He's out to hurt my son and I couldn't live if anything were to happen to him".

"Don't worry ma'am, he won't hurt you anymore, not whilst I'm around. We'll provide you with a new home in the US and I'll give you some contacts over there. He won't hurt you two anymore". The lady sat in front of my desk covered in bruises cried into her hands as she stared back at her 2 year old asleep in a buggy.

Cases that involved children always hit home for me reminding me of my own childhood and the suffering my mother and I endured. But it also made me think about my own children. God knows what I would've done if anything happened to them at the same age as this little boy.

The woman recomposed herself and took a deep breath. She muttered thank you and dismissed herself out of my office along with her child.

Knock knock

"Come in".

"Hi Boss". Glancing up at my trusty assistant Katrina I smiled and ushered her in.

"Hello Katrina, can I help you?" She shook her head with a huge smile on her face.

"I can't, but there is someone here to see you".
Normally with unexpected visitor Katrina can get quite nervous as most of our unexpected visitors were not so great, but judging from her expression this was a good visitor.

"Okay, send them in". Katrina smiled at me before swiftly exiting the room.

Oh please let it be my wife dressed up in a long coat with only lingerie underneath.

Spritzing on some of her favourite cologne of mine I smiled up expectantly at the door awaiting her arrival.

"Hi daddy".

A similar looking woman to my wife entered in and it hit me who it was. I hadn't seen her in so long and my she had grown to look more like Isabella.

"Baby girl". Jumping up from my desk I ran over and engulfed my sweetheart tightly in my arms and spun her around. I hadn't seen her in well over a year and by god had I missed her.

"I've missed you so much daddy" she cried softly into my chest. I missed her so much. And truthfully it was hard letting go of my little princess, but I had to let her fly the nest. She wanted to go to University to study Forensic Science and she did it. She was in her last year of study but had taken a year out to go travelling with her boyfriend.

"I've missed my little princess so much".

Lily pulled away and shook her head at me hearing the all too familiar nickname that would always belong to her.

"Dad, when are you ever stop calling me that".

"Never. You will never stop being my princess, not since that day".

3 year old Lily

I smiled as I entered in through the large oak door instantly reveling in the smell of freshly baked cookies.

"Hello love". Sneaking up behind my wife, I snaked my arms around her waist and kissed her neck from behind.

"Hey handsome. How was work?".

"It was great thank you baby. Where's my little angel hiding?"

"She's in her bedroom having tea with her dolls and teddies".