Chapter 37: I need you

Isabella's POV:

2 days later

"Okay baby, close your eyes and hold out your hands on your lap". I sighed and shook my head with a huge smile on my lips. He needs to stop spoiling me. Goodness knows what he's going to be like with our children.

I obeyed him and held out my hands nervously anticipating what he got me this time.

"James, what are you up to?". I expected a response, but instead I only received a laugh.

"Be patient princess. You'll love it". I could hear James shuffling around in the distance moving things around as if he was unboxing something.

"Okay. Are you ready?" James' minty breath fanned against my face making me giggle as it tickled against my skin.

"Yes, you're making me nervous" I whined frustrated at him for taking his time and leaving me in the unknown.

Suddenly the room turned silent. Did he leave me? Should I open my eyes?

But before I could go through with the options I felt James place something heavier than expected into my lap. It was fluffy and moved around-

"Oh my god". My eyes flew open as I realised what James had bought me.

The most beautiful Labrador puppy sat snuggled in my lap licking away at my palm and nipping my finger playfully

The most beautiful Labrador puppy sat snuggled in my lap licking away at my palm and nipping my finger playfully. My heart swelled to levels I didn't think possible as I shakily stroked the soft fur of this precious little puppy.

"J-James". Tears flooded my vision as I stared up at the man who was my everything and smiled as he stared down at the puppy and I with love and adoration.

Reaching my arm out, I grabbed my james' hand and pulled him towards me tugging him down making him sit down on the bed next to me. James smiled at me softly as he gently scratched the beautiful puppy's chin earning us a cute little yap in delight.

"You should name him". The puppy stood up on all 4 legs and started walking over both of our laps as he nuzzled his head in our chests.

"You look like a Max to me". The puppy suddenly tilted his head at me before jumping up and licking my face unrelentingly.

"That's perfect baby". James whispered in my ear causing goosebumps to appear all over my body. He has such an effect on me.

"He really reminds me of Milo with that head tilt. I reckon you're just as cheeky as Milo". James chuckled as he stroked his beautiful soft fur. I stared at our beautiful Max and smiled. I'll always miss Milo but the memories of him will never be forgotten. He was our baby, and always will be. But this was so sweet of James to get me another puppy. After all, he knew how much Milo meant to me.