Chapter 2: Answers

Isabella's POV:

"I'm just going to blurt this out, I'm your husband".

The water I had just gulped from the bottle could not physically stay in my mouth and ended up being spat all over James' face and dropped down his expensive looking suit.

I sputtered and coughed as some of the water went down the wrong way in my throat as I tried to comprehend the words I had just heard.

"What have you been smoking?" I retort back hoping that would be a valid reason for his crazy antics and beliefs.

He slumped down in the chair before me and held his head in his hands letting out a deep sigh of disappointment.

"Listen, I'm not lying. We got married not long ago. I have pictures to show you". He looked up with a sad and sullen expression planted on his face showing me he was serious.

Suddenly he grabbed a nearby bag and started rummaging through it and pulled out a phone. It was then that it dawned on me. Pictures? What sort of pictures was he referring to?

"Hey you pervert. What pictures are you talking about? Did you stalk me? Oh my god. That's it. You're a stalker, I knew it".

"Isabella I"-

"Or you've got the wrong girl. Oh lord this is awkward. Listen my name is Isabella Martins and I'm from Canterbury. My mother and father are dead and my bestfriend is"-

"Louise" James rudely interrupted, but he answered correctly.

My mouth falls agape without my consent and my heart begins to thump furiously feeling as though it's about to burst out of my chest.

"W-who are you? How do you know so much about me. And I can guarantee you we aren't married. I'm too young to be married and also I'm with Damien". My voice was frantic and I was truly scared. Scared of the unknown.

James had pulled his phone out of his pocket and held it in his hand and stared at me with a soft and gentle gaze. The more I stared at him, the more I could see his unshed watery tears in his eyes reluctant to let them loose. With one hand he reached towards mine and grabbed my hand rubbing his thumb against the back of my hand. Normally I would pull away from him, but his touch was soft and gentle and reminded me of someone. His hand was warm and strong and I didn't want him to let go, but I had to contain myself and make it seem like I wasn't enjoying it.

"Isabella. Just let me show you. Please". His voice had instantly quietened letting me hear the vulnerability in his voice. I nodded hesitantly hoping that all the mishaps would be explained and eager to clear the confusion up.

I watched as he started fumbling around on the phone, my finger in my mouth biting the nail nervously as to what he was about to show me. I was praying that any time now he would drop the serious act, laugh and point to a hidden camera telling me it was one of those prank shows. Damien and Louise were always jokers. His fingers moved rapidly swiping frantically on his phone before completely stopping and sat motionlessly.

The hot weirdo looked up at me blankly and I looked down to see that he had his arm reached out towards me with his phone laying upwards.

My hand shakily reached out to grab the phone and brought it closer to me. My gaze was fixated on his cold yet beautiful eyes as I held the phone firmly in my grip.

Reluctantly pulling away from his mesmerising face my eyes fell straight to the phone and stared down intensely at the picture on the screen.

My heart stopped.

He was right. There we both were in the picture. I was dressed up in an immaculate, stunning lace wedding dress and he was done up well with a perfectly fitted suit. The picture looked like one of those professional photos. We looked perfect together. We looked in love. I brought the phone closer to my body and zoomed in on the picture on the screen. It was a picture of James and I sharing a passionate kiss probably taken after the vicar declared us husband and wife. One of James' arms was wrapped tightly around my waist and his other clamped the back of my neck holding me in place.