Chapter 20: Hold me close

Isabella's POV:

Isabella's POV:

Beep Beep Beep

Noises swarmed all around me yet I couldn't recognize them. Low murmurs echoed through my ears, but they weren't clear. I strained my hearing in hopes to understand what the dull voices were saying, but it was useless. I opened my eyes with ease eager to meet sunlight, but instead I was greeted with darkness like an old friend. I shot up hoping to see moonlight or to feel the softness of the bed but neither comfort was there. I reached out to feel for James, but he wasn't there either. I screamed and shouted for James but only the dull voices remained. I knew James was not close by as I didn't feel safe or secure, but I desperately wanted him here with me guiding me out of the darkness with his hand. The voices began to quieten and soon left leaving me completely surrounded by silence and darkness. I begged and prayed for a sound or a sight, but nothing came. I collapsed to the floor scared and alone desperate to be found but there was no sign of life.

Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours and hours felt like days. 

I realized laying on this cold floor would not do me any good. I had to go and search for the light myself. I had to be brave. 

Placing my hands on the floor to push myself up, expecting to be greeted with the coldness of the floor, I was shocked when I felt something cold and wet. It wasn't water, it felt too thick, but I couldn't see what I was laying on. But as if my voice could be heard a sudden bright light ripped through the darkness causing me to squint my eyes shut tight. 

Seconds flew by and I managed to open my eyes letting my pupils adjust to the new light. I stared round baffled by my whereabouts. I was laying down in a white room with no furniture or person in sight.

 I rested my hands back on the floor to push myself in hopes of looking for a way out, but my hands once again touched the wet substance on the floor. Slowly lifting my hands up to my face I suddenly began to tremble uncontrollably.

I was laying in blood, completely surrounded in blood. My head whipped all around me staring at the blood on the floor that began to seep out further into the pristine room. 

Stumbling back, I felt heavy, heavier than usual. 

Gazing down at my body I was shocked to see that I was dressed in a beautiful wedding dress. But the exquisite wedding gown that was so clean and so white was now slowly staining red from the blood that was pouring out from beneath me. I couldn't feel a cut or pain, but the blood couldn't stop pouring from me.

Using the wall to support me, I fought to push myself up and battled against the blood weighing the dress down. Standing up to my full height I stared down at the ground to see that blood covered the entire floor like a flood.

"SOMEONE HELP" I screamed out as the blood began to rise higher and higher. It would not stop. 

Picking up the bottom half of the dress I waded through the thickness of the blood and barely reached the other side of the room and began banging at the walls frantically screaming for someone to save me. The blood had now reached my waist and I felt the weight of the wedding dress increase against my tired body. My legs gave way and sank to my knees letting the blood reach up to my neck.