Life's just one huge bowl of Eggplant Stew

A/N: owo

It's time frens.. another Edgy Pit P.O.V. chapter (Dark Pit P.O.V. this chapter)

I hope y'all enjoy lovely persons.. uwu

"-but what if, say hypothetically,  Pit were to actually be interested in Link." Roy rambled on about the subject of my twin brother's love life as he had been doing all day every day when Pit's not around, ever since our little friend group learned from Marth and Link that Link did in fact have a bit of an interest in Pit. "How could I just approve of that so easily? Like I want to say I'd have to protect Pit from anything that blonde rascal may do to him, but at the same time I feel like Pit's just one chaotic gay and may just screw everything up when trying too hard to make it work. Those two are both a huge piece of work in their own special ways!" Roy finishes with a huff as we turn the corner, about to reach his apartment building.

Honestly Roy's a little right I think. Pit and Link both seem to just clash, but I've hardly ever seen my brother open up as much as after he's meet Link. Perhaps there is something there?

"Honestly Roy, I know much less than you apparently. You act as if Pit and Link's lives are some dramatic romance story you're flipping through, chapter by chapter, just to wring out some quality, hard to find, content as you just sit back and root for their relationship to blossom on the sidelines." I sigh in amusement at my friends rather comedic enthusiasm for a relationship that isn't even his. Roy leans back, about to say something until half a brick or two crumbles from his weight on the wall behind him. "Be careful!" I warn, and he quickly stands straight up again.

"Sorry, we're here anyways. Just around the corner on 4th and Wall Street." And with that small tangent of excitement we head inside the lobby and I stare up at the big, round, clock on the wall as Roy checks his mail. "You think Pit's still sleeping where we left him?" Roy questions, rather amused while I pray to god my prone to trouble brother is still sleeping like a rock on the sofa. 

"Probably not," I answer truthfully, knowing full well that's probably not the case, "but if the dork's gone out without so much as a note on where he is I swear to god I'm force feeding him eggplant stew for dinner tonight." "Ooh," Roy mock flinches, "You're so ruthless! How are even sure we have that vegetable?" Roy asks, and I feel a smirk light up my face. "I bought some two nights ago! I kind of expected him to be misbehave somehow soon." I confess and Roy laughs. "Dark, I swear. You can be so cruel."

We both share a good laugh at the sarcasm that drips in his tone. It's true, I'm absolutely evil. As much as I love my brother, so help me if he's gone for longer than 5 minutes while Roy and I are home he's gonna have to eat a whole damn vegetable surprise! 

Roy and I enter the room and, surprise surprise, Pit is not here! Can't really blame him though, we wanted to bring him with us but it seemed it'd be better to just let him catch up on sleep like he normally does on Saturdays instead of having him just constantly falling asleep and struggling to sit still while I attend meetings all day at the office. Roy on the other hand insisted he accompany me to and from work so I wasn't alone like I usually was.

I'll admit, it was nice. Having spent all day before and after work with one of my closest friends, not to mention the fact that when Pit comes home he'll probably know what's coming. 

There's a vibration in my back pocket and I go to check my phone as I situate myself beside Roy on his couch. I know it's not Pit.. Actually it's Robin, letting me know he Ike and Ike's younger sister Corrin were just at the park and he'd just left Pit to walk his way home from the park. Of course Pit's at the park, I think to myself, honestly it's the only place he'd probably ever go on his own. That park is like a second home to the both of us, so I understand. 

.. But seriously, if he isn't home soon I will start slicing up those purple vegetables. 

"What'd Robin send you?" Roy asks curiously as he leans over my shoulder to spot the words on the screen of my phone. "He just let me know that Pit's coming back from the park soon." I leaned back myself, a bit tired as I answered. Today had been a long day of boring old meetings and complex economic stock discussions in the workplace and I'm so glad to be out of that stuffy old board room at the moment. Usually I'd unwind with my brother, hanging out at the park. But maybe today I'll just stay back here, Roy and Pit can head out together if they really want to go.

"You tired?" Roy questions in his rarely heard, but absolutely heart warming, sweet tone of voice. I nod my head and let out a small hum as my eyes close, my body's in bliss at the warmth Roy provides beside me. Unfortunately though, that doesn't last long. "Why don't you sleep a while? I can cook up that Pit torturing stew tonight and we'll just stay in, the three of us." "Hm?" I open my eyes, to spot Roy stand and take the blanket Pit must've folded on the coffee table before me on the couch. "What? No." I sit up in protest, "Roy you really don't have to-" "Don't worry about it." Roy interrupts with his usually cocky expression as he tosses the blanket in his hands at me. "I got this, just relax." He orders me on his way to kitchen and I sink into the comforting fabric thrown over me at the lulling sound of his gentle, calming voice.

"O.. okay Roy.." I nod, hearing no response as my brain begins to drift between peace and reality. My eyelids grow heavier by the second and I let out an unexpected yawn as I slowly lose myself to unconsciousness. ".. okay." I murmur once more before shifting my body closer into the plush cushions of the sofa I lay on. 

And despite the newly, hardly healed scars that are still wrapped up on my back being pressed against the back of the couch, I still fall asleep to the sound of my redheaded childhood friend's warm and inviting chuckle of amusement..

.

           .

                       .

When I wake up the sky outside is rather gray and the apartment smells of steamed vegetables. I sit in the piece of the moment and hear a small groan of annoyance from someone on the ground beneath me. "I was only a minute or two late.." I hear Pit grumble unenthusiasticly, almost like a small child being to told to sit in the corner.. and complaining about it over 42 times.

"You know the rules," Roy chirps out happily, sounding as if he were fishing for a few bowls in a top kitchen cupboard. "You're late, you get the Eggplant stew." He teases and I hear a small "tch" of disapproval. "Your face is the Eggplant stew." Pit pouts and I let out a snort of amusement. "Pit, you'd better quit complaining before you get extra carrot slices and broccoli stalks in your serving!" I threaten my moody brother and I look down to see him frown.

"My life's a big ol' pot of Eggplant stew right now!" Pit cries out exasperated, and both Roy and I laugh. 

"Alright, Alright." Roy gets our attention as both he and I calm our laughter and Pit sulks from the floor, "Both of you come on and dig in. This Eggplant stew isn't getting any more full of vegetables anytime soon." Roy jokes and I gladly get up to make way to the table.

"Seriously..?" Pit frowns as he slowly makes his way in between Roy and I on the small, round dinning room table. He picks at the bowl of mostly vegetables in front of us as I Roy and I already gladly dig into the delightfully tasty meal. "Be on time next time." I order him before letting Roy know he did a great job on the stew. Roy thanks me and I see Pit grimace. "Fine.." My brother sighs before taking a bite. Roy and I both stare at him in awe.. He usually puts up way more of a fight..