All We Need Is Each other - Kidge

No One's POV

After a long stressful battle with the Galra, the paladins of Voltron were in the hospital wing of the Garrison. Lance was doing okay, he had a couple of small wounds. Allura was barely touched. Hunk was just a little out of it. Keith was suffering from a couple of bumps and bruises. And Pidge...had a pole launched into her side, almost poking through her backside.

She was in pain and the paladins could tell by her screams of pain. Keith was in the bed right next to her's and was in pain from just tears stream down her fragile face. He wanted to help her, and hold her and tell her that everything was going to be alright.

He tried his best by reaching his hand out and trying to speak. "P-Pidge. Take my hand." He said with his hand outstretched. The rest of the paladins, who are currently in better shape then Pidge just looked at Keith with sadness.

They knew what was happening. They knew what would happen to Pidge. And they knew that Keith was scared to lose her.

The small girl looked at Keith with tears running down her face. She saw his hand that was extended out for her to grab. So she slowly stretched her arm out grabbing his hand gently. His grip tightened a bit, Keith was scared to lose her and his grip was showing it.

Pidge felt more comforted by this. His hand was warm and almost covered her hand fully. Her eye's met Keith's as she gently smiled. His mouth started moving and he couldn't stop himself from what he was about to say.

"Pidge. You are going to be okay. I am here, and I am not going anywhere. All we need is each other. We will get through this.....You will get through this. If I could take away all your pain, I would. Just whatever you do....do not let go of my hand.....and do not close your eyes.....please." Now Keith was crying from his own words, already knowing what would happen to her.

He would ever now and then adjust his grip to her small delegate hand. He made sure to look at her the whole time, and anytime that she was in pain he would talk to her, just to get her mind off of it.

The paladin's ended up leaving an hour ago due to wanting to give Keith his space with Pidge. Knowing how much he cared and loved her. And to know that he was going to lose her.

Pidge looked at Keith as a tear fell down her face. She whispered, "Keith...." Keith looked at her waiting for something to come next.

But. Keith felt something. Pidge's grip had loosened in his hand but her eyes remained open. "Pidge?" He whispered. Tears streaming down his pale face. He knew. But he didn't want to admit it to himself that she was indeed gone. He stretched his long arm out more, and gently closed her eyes with his shaky hand.

With his hand still in her's. He pulled it to his lips and gently kissed it. "All we need is each other.....rember?"

~~~~

Days passed and Keith was depressed. He had just lost the love of his life and was visiting her grave every day.

Every day he would bring flowers for her. And just sit there looking lost.

There were even days where he would set up a little picnic by her grave. It would look like he still believed she was alive if you were just passing by.

But years later as the paladins were visiting Pidge's grave they realized that Keith stayed at the grave. He stared at it while fiddling with something in his pocket. They overheard his conversation.

"It's been about 5 years and," he broke down crying. "I just wanted to say that you are so amazing...and I was hoping to give this to you when we would be of age. Which we are now." He places down a ring box on her grave. "I was going to ask you to marry me." He wiped his face as he looked at the headstone. "I think it's time I let you rest properly." He took a rose out of his pocket, kissed it, and set it down by the box. "I love you, Katie."

He smiled with sadness and looked at the grave one last time, before slowly turning and walking away.

(over 700 words for this chapter :O)