Stay - Kidge

Keith's POV

The sun. Oh how it shines so brightly. How its heat hits your skin when you lay in it for too long. And how if you lay in it too long, it feels like fire eating at your skin.

When the night comes and takes that sun away there is darkness. Only darkness. The world becomes silenced, and the only light there is, is the moon and stars.

Your smile warmed my days and now your hand is cold to the touch. And so I beg and pray for you to get up...but you don't. You lay there. Still as can be. But you look like a sleeping beauty when your eyes are closed.

I hold your hand tighter praying louder, "OH PLEASE WAKE UP!" While tears fall down my face. "PLEASE!" I scream and cry in agony.

The rain starts to fall on us, as the battle field empties. The team that remains of our friends stand around as they look at the scene of us.

As I sit by you I gently grab you and pull you in a hug. "Please" I whisper, hoping you will wake.

I hug you tighter, like it's the only thing that matters. But it is the only thing that matters...to me at least.

You hair is soaked and so is mine. I don't care. You're beautiful either way. Your glasses aren't there on your beautifully perfect face. Your helmet is cracked and broken as it sits in the mud next to us. Your eyes. Oh your beautiful eyes. How they aren't opened and aren't shining.

Your armor is cracked and bloody with mud. You perfect small body doesn't move and it worries me. You know I hate it when you worry me. Just open your eyes, move your lips, move your hand, move your body, and we will get out of here.

But for the love of god Katie.

"Please stay with me."