Letting Go- Plance

WARNING.....Angst.....Lots of it...

Pidges POV

  Letting go.

Letting go of someone you love is like letting go of a dream you once loved. It's like all you ever wanted is just gone.

   You can imagine it like this.

   I'm holding his hand and enjoying life. Then I notice him looking ahead at a beautiful girl. Allura. In his eyes I can tell he wants to run to her and let go of my hand. I look down at his warm hand in my mine, and I look back up at his face with sadness in my eyes.

He wants her. He loves her. But I want him. I love him.

   I then look back down at our hands and slowly let go of his warm hand. He then looks down at me shocked as I slowly nod my head. I was holding back my tears because it hurt so much.

     He then smiles sadly and hugs me whispering, "Thank you so much."

     A single tear falls down my face. It's what he wanted. He then looks at me one more time and turns to look at her. He runs forward in her direction.

   I then notice that I am all alone. My one true friend. My crush. Had just left me after all those years to be with the one he loved.

~~~

Reality:

"I love you Lance." I say letting go of Lance's hand as he lays motionless.

"I love you so much...." I start sobbing on his chest.

I felt something on my shoulder.....a cold breeze.

Lance's POv

"I'm here Pidge....." I whisper as I gently touch her shoulder.

  "I will always be here...." She was still sobbing on my motionless body.

"You ready Lance?" I hear Allura's voice call out from behind me.

  I turn around and look up at her. Oh, how I missed her.

     I then back at Pidge and how my hand is on her shoulder.

       A single tear slips down my cheek. I gently remove my hand and kiss her head. She may not feel it, but I sure do.

    I then slowly got up and started walking towards Allura.

   Her hand was out, waiting for me to grab it. Before taking it, I take one last good look at Pidge.

    "I'll be waiting.....Katie..."

I then garb Allura's hand as we start walking into the light.