one

5 years ago

"ALANA! WAKE UP! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" alana's mom screams to her from the kitchen. alana and her mom were never really that close, mostly because she had 2 younger siblings, peter and emma. her mom was always with them.

"i'm coming." alana was not in the mood to get out of her comfortable bed and go to hell, the only thing she was looking forward to was being able to see her boyfriend of one year, david dobrik. alana and david have been dating since the start of 10th grade and it was now the end of 11th grade.

as alana got out of bed and got dressed she got a text from her best friend, cecilia.
"i'm outside. hurry up!"
alana smiled as she ran downstairs and grabbed her bag.

"bye mom, love you."

"love you too. have a good day." her mom said back. alana closed the door and ran to cecilia's car.

"hey cece." alana said as she closed the car door.

"you seem happy today lana, what's up?" cecilia asked.

"just can't wait to see david." she said, smiling like an idiot.

"of course you are. you know you guys are starting to get gross." alana knew she was just joking, but she pretended to be hurt.

"that pains me. i thought you were our biggest shipper."

"i was, up until you guys actually started dating, now it's gross." cecilia said as alana started to laugh. it was obvious to anyone with eyes that david and alana liked each other long before they started dating. they were just too oblivious to see it.

"you're just jealous that you don't have a boyfriend." alana said, jokingly, even though it was true.

"isn't it obvious?"

at school

alana and cecilia parted ways and alana was looking for david. he is usually at her locker, but not today. she thought that he might be sick, but david always texts her when he is. alana tried calling him, but no response. she thought that he was probably still sleeping, so she just left him be.

it was finally the last period of the day and still no text from david, she was getting more worried as the time passed. she saw natalie, one of her and david's close friends.

"hey nat!" alana said to the brunette.

" hey. i'm so sorry about what happened..." natalie said, sounding pitiful toward the girl.

"sorry? what do you mean?" to say alana was confused was an understatement.

"i'm sorry that david's gone."

"what do you mean he's gone?" alana was starting to get scared.

"he moved to los angeles. didn't you know?" now it was natalie's turn to be confused.

"he what?!?!" alana said, louder than she intended.

"i thought he told you?" she said, even more confused than before.

"no. he didn't." alana was on the verge of tears. the boy she was in love with left her. and he didn't even call.

"lana, i'm so sorry. he told me he was going to talk to you before he left." she sounded sympathetic.

"it's fine." alana was lying. she was so far from being fine. she was broken. all because of a boy with chocolate brown hair and big, beautiful eyes.