LXX

Chapter 70: I Love You

♚♥♞

He held his breath as she turned around and faced him.

He resisted the urge to wipe her tears from her face, taking a deep breath in. It seems like her silence meant she was waiting for him to speak.

"Min—" He closed his eyes. "Min, I love you."

"Th-That's not a question." She stuttered.

"I know." He whispered.

She hastily wiped her tears, like she just noticed they were there. He stopped her, wiping her tears away softly with his hand.

They couldn't tear their eyes away from each other.

"I thought you loved someone else. I doubted you." She bit her lip. "And then I doubted myself."

He was mesmerized.

"I don't know when I just..." Her voice got softer. "I just started falling in love with you."

He grinned, almost in disbelief, then in pure happiness. Her answer was shy, but true.

"I can't." He held a hand to his mouth. "I want to kiss you."

He couldn't help but laugh to himself.

"Then..." She hesitated.

"I haven't held you in forever." He whispered.

She held out her arms, open.

The umbrella fell to the floor as he embraced her. Min laughed, feeling like he was trying to engulf her.

"It's okay, Prince."

He laughed into her scarf.

"We're going to freeze to death in the snow." Min commented.

"Didn't you ask me to kill you in the snow since it fits your aesthetic?"

"Did I?"

"How could you not remember that, Cent?" He lifted himself up.

"How could you?" She smiled. "You're so sappy. And you have a snowflake on your eyelashes."

"Do I look pretty?"

She grabbed his face and brushed her lips against his.

"Yeah?" She breathed.

"Yeah."

---

Kade walked her home. The two wanted to be together for a little longer, both convinced that if one of them leaves they'll break out of this dream.

They talked about anything and everything, and Min had given Kade her scarf to wear.

"Tell your sister I'm sorry."

Kade scoffed. "Sorry for what? Her oversharing?"

"She seems like a nice person." Min shot back. "I think."

Kade rolled his eyes. Then he remembered the painting. "We're going back to my house this week."

"Wait—Why!?" Min squeaked. "Isn't this moving too fast!?"

"My sister once said nowhere is too fast unless it's on top of you."

"Excuse me!?"

---

"Why must you cover my eyes?" Min complained. "I feel endangered."

Kade laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" Min asked, panicked.

He released his hands and let her eyes meet the canvas he has gotten framed a few days ago. She gasped in awe, her fingertips touching the glass.

"I remember this painting."

"It's me."

"It's you."

He grinned widely. "This is everything I wanted."

"What? The painting?" Min turned around and locked eyes with him.

He shook his head.

"You in front of the painting."

She flushed, kicking him. "Whatever."

He shoved her back, lightly.

Her back touched the wall as she laughed. He put a hand against the wall next to her, stepping closer. She knew what he was going to do and lifted her face up to close the distance more.

His door slammed open.

"Minny! —Oh, my gosh!" Angel stopped at the door, holding a hand over her mouth.

Kade groaned into Min's hair. Min covered her face with a hand, laughing as she turned red.

"Kady, seriously!"

"Angel, I was so close!" He whined.

"I didn't know!"

"The door was locked."

"Habit!"

"It's fine." Min patted Kade's head and looked towards Angel. "Long time no see."

Angel wiped an emotional tear from her eyes. "Oh, it's beautiful. I knew he would eventually take you to see my painting. I thought it was going to take a few more years."

"I'm here early, I guess."

"No, you're right on time." Angel smiled. "For pasta!"

"Pasta!?"

♚♥♞