XXXIV

Chapter 34: Princess

♚♥♞

Their dance was interrupted by a woman later. She had piercing blue eyes that screamed: "looks can kill". She didn't address Min's existence and instead smiled at Kade. Min felt Kade flinch beside her.

"Kade." A warm calling laced with poison. "I want you to meet somebody."

Kade made no sound and followed his mother. Min swallowed, watching them leave. After they were a distance away, Min followed them, since she didn't really know where exactly the entrance back to the house is. Eventually, she got back into the house, and stopped.

He was across the room, but she could see him clearly, because the girl beside him would make all the angels above sigh in admiration. She was the epitome of delicate beauty. Like a flower, she had soft brown hair and innocent blue eyes. Her skin pale and clear. Her smile made the room glow. It was as if a goddess had come down.

They are perfect for each other.

Min blinked, and noticed that the woman earlier was staring right at her. There was no emotion on her face, but her eyes burned haughtily.

Min staggered back.

You don't have a chance. Her eyes cawed.

Min glanced back at Kade, watching him play the part of a perfect gentlemen. Watching the Prince meet the princess to accompany him to rule his kingdom. The queen has approved of their love, and they are destined to be married and live happily ever after.

And then Kade caught her gaze.

And he smiled.

Min couldn't bear to receive the smile, so she turned away and headed to somewhere where she couldn't see him.

---

Kade was frustrated. He felt helpless. Once again, he is unable to chase after Min. But then again, what for? Min, the very source of his rebellion, the lone crack in his mask of perfection. He could very well just accept the goddess before him and complete his façade.

What does he have to gain from chasing after Cent? There was a dead end there, at one point his one-sided love will halt, and he won't be able to progress. She was so in love with someone else, someone else closer to her. In status and in heart. What could Kade possibly offer her, money? Fame? Status? The things that others desire do not tempt her. He could not buy her in with anything.

"Hello, this party is really lovely." The girl in front of him wore a polite smile. He could tell she was genuinely interested in him.

"I'm sorry, I haven't asked your name." He replied. "I'm sure my mother has already told you, but I'm Kade."
"Vivien." She replied. "But Vivi is fine."

He smiled at her. "It's a nice name, it suits you well."

---

Min's mind was wandering, she was so lost she didn't notice the third cube of cheese missing her mouth and falling onto the table.

Someone was chuckling at her. She turned and saw a kind looking woman. She was eating some strawberries. She looked to be around the age of her mom.

"Something wrong, love?"

Min glanced down at the cubes of cheese on the table and blushed in embarrassment. She didn't even like cheese. The woman laughed good-naturedly.

"Don't worry, I get it." She looked at Min in interest. "Is it a boy problem?"

"Yes—" Min replied, then hesitated, glancing away. "It's not really a problem."

"But your heart seems to be in turmoil."

Min grew silent. Then she looked at the woman, who looked concerned for her.

Min smiled awkwardly. "We are just friends, so there really isn't anything wrong."

Before the woman could answer, a man in a suit and sunglasses tapped Min's shoulder. Min turned and vaguely recognize the man as the one who drove Kade and her to his house. The man pointed towards the entrance of the house. Min nodded and looked back at the woman.

Min smiled at her, a sign of gratitude, and waved goodbye.

"Goodbye, love." Was the last thing she heard before Min left and followed the chauffeur.

And Kade wasn't waiting for her in the car. She knew he wouldn't be. She checked her phone. Right on time. As he promised.

After Min left, the woman was greeted with her daughter.

"Vivien!" The woman laughed. "How was meeting the hostess' son?"

"Mom!" Vivi whispered. "He's like a prince! My heart was beating so fast! What were you up to?"

"I was helping a young girl clear up her mind." Vivi's mother smiled kindly, and then glanced at the young son of the hostess. His back was turned. "Is that a son-in-law I see?" She joked, patting her daughter's hair.

"Mom!"

♚♥♞