XXI

Chapter 21: Chasing Cars

♚♥♞

It was a beautiful Sunday morning; the birds are twittering and the colorful leaves were falling gracefully. People are arguing outside and music is blasting out of someone's house.

And I am in front of Kade's modern mansion looking thing which looks like it has two thousand bathrooms and can fit my apartment in it thirty-seven times. Min heaved a sigh and shouldered her little bookbag with chickens printed on it. And no one is playing music or arguing because this neighborhood is filthy rich. No one can hear my blood-chilling scream here.

Suddenly, the beautiful scenery looked scary. His house was not that far from the city, maybe she could escape.

"Done checking out my house?" Kade smirked, suddenly popping out from a neatly pruned bush. Min screamed, glad that there was a gate between him and her.

"When did you get here!?" She demanded as Kade walked towards her, standing near the gate.

"Seven a.m." He answered. It's ten a.m. right now, this boy—

After a moment of the two having an awkward staring contest, Min kicked his fence.

"Are you going to open up the stupid gate and let me in?"

"Nope." He answered and Min let out an indignant screech. After he finished laughing at her, he climbed over the fence and hopped down casually, like he has done that a few times before. "We're going to use the back gate, because I'm going to assume that you don't know how to climb over tall fences."

He started walking and she ran to catch up, huffing out in confusion. "Why are we sneaking around in your territory?"

"Because I don't want to delete the footage from a bajillion cameras."

Min scrunched up her nose. "And... why do you need to do that?"

He didn't say anything and started running ahead, forcing Min to catch up with him via the same way, running. After what should be normally 7 blocks, they finally turned and had to run what looked like the highway to hell to Min.

---

"We use the freaking backdoor to get into rich brat's house and now we're going through a secret hallway with walls made of glass!?"

"Rich brat can hear you." Kade said, walking ahead of her still.

"If you are clearly trying to hide me, for some reason, why are we walking through an area that exposes us to everyone?"