XIX

Chapter 19: Misunderstood

♚♥♞

The two matchmakers knew that Min was distracted today, because it was the fifth time a fry failed to make it into her mouth and fell to the floor. Letting out curses that would cause a majority of children to start imitating her, Min smacked her face gently a few times.

She sighed, a tired look crossing her face.

"Boy problems?" Kristy asked out of the blue.

Min nodded slowly, a pout forming on her lips. Kristy gave her a knowing look.

"You always have boy problems." Grace pointed out, munching on her salad covered with dressing. "Who is it this time?"

"Carl." Min sighed and the two groaned audibly. She looked at them incredulously. "What?"

"Sorry." Kristy waved her hand in dismissal. "Thought you were going to mention another name."

My friend is dumber than her donkey ass laugh, someone help that poor boy. Kristy thought to herself, putting up a smile that says "I'm listenin'."

"You guys know I disappeared yesterday afternoon." The two nodded. "I went with Carl to the library."

"To do our project." Min interjected before anyone jumped to conclusions.

"And the problem is?" Grace asked.

"Why is he so amazing?" Min sighed, and the two groaned again.

"Jeez, I'm sorry." Min muttered bitterly, shooting glares at the two. "I haven't even finished talking."

Kristy motioned for her to continue even though she knew how it was going to end anyway.

"I just—he's just always there at the right time, and gosh, it's crazy for me to admit, but he's really handsome." Min stopped, expecting more groans, but her friends' expressions remained passive. "But he's so damn mysterious, and he's always leaving after giving me the right amount of information, enough to make me want more."

Kristy made a disgusted noise in her throat, but Grace's question masked over it. "What has he done to make you think that way?"

Min glanced at the table, fiddling with a straw. "He sat down and ate a donut with me..."

"Again with the donuts." Kristy muttered under her breath. "This girl has an addiction, she just won't admit to it."

"He gave me a band-aid..." Min continued. "He talked to me when I was going crazy."

"Real hero." Kristy muttered sarcastically.

"Why are you so against him?" Min whipped her head around, a frown on her face. "What did he do to you?"

"Nothing!" Kristy responded, raising her hands in surrender. "It's just that—Any guy can do that for you! But for some reason, you decide to hit it off with a bad boy."

Min hesitated.

"You know his reputation, Min." Kristy's voice softened. "I just want to warn you."

"Don't judge a book by its cover." Grace shrugged.

"Grace!" Kristy protested.

"I don't believe the rumors." Min's voice came out shaky. "I think that he's just a normal boy who's misunderstood."

Like me. Min's words were followed by a cold silence. Then Grace moved the conversation onto cacti and significantly lightened the mood, but Min had already made a decision.

She was going to find out what he hid under the surface.    

♚♥♞