XX

Chapter 20: Her

♚♥♞ 

He wiped his bloody lip, chest heaving. He wasn't in school at midday, so what the hell was he doing?

"He's done." Declan's voice, usually cheery, now had a stony feeling to it. "Drink some water, you look like a murderer."

"I am." Carl muttered, downing half the bottle, futilely wiping his bleeding lip again.

"Simmer down the edginess, I don't need a haircut yet."

They left the unconscious body and heaved themselves over the fence, making a pretty clean getaway since no one seemed keen on stopping them. Carl pulled up his hood, breathing in through his nostrils.

"Thank god my friend stopped questioning why I needed to know how to wash blood out. Cold water and soap. She thought I was on my menstru—"

"This is annoying." Carl murmured under his breath.

"Aww, poor boy can't go to school to see his sweetheart?"

Carl shot a glare at Declan that was so lethal that Declan thought that Satan may have personally come to fetch his dead body.

Declan cleared his throat and started dabbing at Carl's lip with a napkin like his life depended on it. Carl waved him away roughly, wiping at his lip again. He sighed in frustration, finally reaching his house.

"Cold water and soa—"

And then Carl slammed the door in his face.

---

Kade did his 107th turn in his roller chair. He had magazines strewn about in his room and one of them was hanging out on his face as he twirled aimlessly. Suddenly, a jerk stopped his chair and he nearly fell off the chair. Slamming his palm down on his desk, he took off the magazine and glared at the woman smiling smugly at him.

"Angel." He threw a thumb at the door. "Get out."

She scooped up a few magazines off the floor and stacked them on his desk, leaning on it. She raised an eyebrow. "What's this?"

"Homework," He lied.

"What are you, planning a date?" She asked from the piece of paper she just picked up and was skimming through.

Prince yelped and ripped the paper from her and crumpled it in his fist. He glowered at his sibling and twirled away from her on his chair.

Angel smiled and heaved herself onto his desk, crossing her legs and picking up a magazine. "Is it... the same girl from yesterday?"

"Which one?" He grumbled, resting his cheek on his hand.

"Phone girl." Angel hummed. "Did you get out of the friend zone?"

"Yeah." Kade answered haughtily, brows furrowed. "We kissed beautifully and she promised to marry me."

"Really now." Angel answered back, shooting a knowing look over her shoulder. "Where's the truthful angel I know?"

After a long moment of silence, Angel saw the whole chair sag in defeat and hid a snicker.

"I dug myself deeper into the friend zone."

Angel started laughing so hard her sides started hurting and Kade finally turned to face her with an irritated look on his face looking like he was itching to throw her into the paper shredder.

She finally regained her posture and patted his head. "That's the Kady I know."

"You're insufferable." He muttered and turned away from her with a loud groan.

"So, what's the deal with the date?"

"I told her to go on a date with me, as a friend." Kade mumbled. "But where am I supposed to take her?"

Angel let out a whistle. "My, you have gotten that desperate."

Kade threw the paper ball at her but she dodged it perfectly.

"Why are you so worried? You're a rich pretentious boy, take her to some candle-lit dinner or some boat outing or something like that. Works with seven hundred percent of your girls."

"Is that what buys you into dating a guy?" He argues back. "And you say I'm getting desperate!"

"Do your blondie angel thing-majig and soon you will woo."

Prince started blushing. "Jesus, Angel!"

Angel started cackling, wheezing at his red face. "I'm kidding, kidding!" She giggled and smacked him on the back, making him wince.

"What does she like?" Angel smiled softly, watching her younger brother think. Well, finally, he thinks. I am hilarious.

"Apparently... she likes donuts?" Kade sighed. "And... singing?"

"Well then, why don't you invite her over and show her to our music room?"

Kade made a face. "Isn't that moving too fast?"

"Nowhere is too fast unless it's on top of her." Angel answers, winking.

"Angel!"

♚♥♞