Chapter 17 : Tattoo

Start from the beginning

"You seems strong, so you shouldn't worry about the pain," he grins but sits down on the stool on my left as he made me lie down, to roll the wheels of his seat closer to me. "So...here is what I draw. Could you show me one more time the picture, please?" he holds a piece of transparent paper with the drawing of what I asked, I take my phone back up in front of my face and retrieve the picture again to show him. "Okay, is it perfectly what you want?" he shows me his own design. I check if the heart shape is made the way I want, he must be good at it given the way he drew it the way I wanted him to after only seeing the picture once. I nod, making him do so.

"Alright, before we start," he places the paper on the small furniture by his sides, taking hold of some black gloves to get ready. "I would like to ask you some questions to make sure you won't regret this."

"Alright..." I listen and place my phone down on my abdomen, fearing the pain to be intense. "I guess that if it's for your wife that you're doing this—"

"No no..." I cut him off without meaning to sound rude. "It's not for my wife...I mean....yes it is but she doesn't know about it yet, this thing just means a lot to me because of when we were only kind of...flirting and starting to date...so...I do this because I want to and for her." 

"Hm," he nods with a smile, "And when did you think about getting this?"

"It was one month ago...I don't remember how but I always liked tattoos and I just wanted to make this one..." I peek at his expression, appreciating the fact that he's listening and not only hearing what I'm saying. "Alright, you thought about it for a long moment so that's good. Now, I would like to know if you ate something because some people come here with an empty stomach and end up throwing up while getting the tattoo..."

"Oh...I...I haven't eaten anything..." I bite my lips at the mistake I didn't expect to make. It's not going to happen to me though, I'm a man. A strong man...yeah...

"Okay...well...since this is small this shouldn't take too long but if you ever don't feel good, tell me, alright?" he asks to make sure, thinking about his clients well. "Even if you want to act like a tough man like most of the guys coming here, a real man will feel the pain too and say it. Don't be that kind of stupid guy, okay?"

"Okay..." I shake my head up and down, feeling relieved about his words. "So, are you ready?" he initiated the terrible moment. My heart skips a beat at the sound of it but I nod, sure about my choice that I will not ever regret. "Yes, I'm ready. As ever."

"Okay, let's go then," he grins and takes hold of a razor, "I'm going to shave the part where you want to get the tattoo. Can you show me where it is precisely? Check in the mirror," he grabs hold of one and directs it towards me to let me see my reflection, I look at my neck and point my finger on the spot right below my ear, to make sure that this will be visible as much as I want it to. "Okay, so just here," he places his finger on it to replace mine, "Do you want the drawing to be in a special direction or it doesn't matter?"

"Just a little bit tilted to slightly follow the line of my jaw...but it doesn't really matter..."

"Okay, so if I do it in this way, it's perfect, right?" he holds the piece of paper with the drawing on it, a bit bent to the left and I nod at him. "Alright, I'm just going to shave that small part first, even though you don't seem to have any hair, it's always better to avoid any type of tiny hair that we cannot see."

"Alright," I don't say anything more and just wait calmly for him to do the job. I slightly bend my head to the side and rest it on the chair to make it more comfortable for the both of us and I just think about Y/N, this should help me to calm down and not think about the pain.