| 45 |

It was the day, Scarlett could feel it

It was the day, Scarlett could feel it. Everything was calm around them, a little too calm than it normally should have. It was the calm before the storm. They knew what was coming towards them. The feeling of danger built inside was stronger than she had ever felt before. 

The two packs had gathered around the palace ground waiting for them. All those people who couldn't fight were sent to the Sverlian pack where they had to build an underground safe room protected by a magic barrier. Some of the warriors along with Elestren, Jaden, Xavier, and Kathrinewere also there.

This time, there was no trap in the way towards the palace as Scarlett knew it was of no use against them. With Ciana on their side, the only way they could win was to fight face to face. 

"Alpha! The rogues have reached within ten kilometers to the palace" One of the pack warriors reported back in mind link.

"That was sooner than expected!" Scarlett said as she looked at herself in the mirror while braiding her hair.

Frayer came and stood beside her. He wrapped his hands around her and rested his chin on her shoulder. "Nervous?"

Scarlett nodded her head, "I'm nervous but not scared."

Fryer kissed the side of her head, "When this is all over, let's leave and travel around the world!"

Scarlett looked at him from the mirror. "You heard us?" 

"I did," Fryer nodded, "Let's leave everything behind and live our life. Just you, me, and maybe our child?"

Scarlett laughed. "Let's do that!" 

She turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Let's run far away."

Fryer dipped down and kissed her which she happily returned. The two hungrily kissed giving away all of their emotions before pulling apart. Scarlett looked outside the window and sighed, "It's time!"

Fryer gave her one last peck before she teleported to the battleground.

Slowly, the rogues emerged from the woods and lined around the outside of the palace.

No way! How can they be so many? Fryer looked in shock. He was not expecting this much of an army.

They stood in a large number of around six hundred warriors but the rogues were triple in number. At this rate, their whole pack could disappear. He looked to his right where Scarlett stood but only saw anger and hatred on her face. He looked at where she was looking and saw a man wearing a crown on his head representing he was the king of rogues. Beside him was the woman, the white-haired woman who warned him ar the riverside. She was floating in the air, watching everything with a huge smile on her face.

Fryer felt a little scared, scared for his pack, scared for his family, scared for his love. Scarlett noticed his feeling and grabbed his hand in an attempt to provide strength to him. 

"Don't worry! We are in this together!" Scarlett's mind linked him.

Bertron looked at them and laughed, "Are you really going to fight us with that small number of yours?"

"We alone are enough to fight you off," Scarlett said confidently showing no trace of fear.

Bertron laughed with others joining him. "Come on little Scarlett! I thought I taught you better."

Fryer growled at him threateningly. 

"Don't take it to your heart but you are seriously the worst teacher, Father!" Scarlett shook her head in mock disappointment. 

Bertron narrowed his eyes at her. "Is that how you respect your father?" 

"She respects me very well, alright. She respects me more than anyone," Merlin came forward and smiled proudly. 

Bertron cocked his head in amusement, "Is that so?" 

"Cut the chit chat Bertron!" Scarlett snapped, "What you came here to take does not exist anymore. The royal bond came to an end three days ago!"

"What do you mean?" He asked her.

"I mean," A huge smile took on her face, she took off her shirt revealing the deep stab mark over her chest which haven't healed properly yet, "The royal bond has been destroyed forever!"

"WHAT!" Bertron stared at the mark. Slowly anger took over him and he growled, "I'm going to kill you!"

•☾•

The fight continued and bodies fell on the ground one by one. Scarlett watched as within seconds stream of blood started to run around her. This was all because of her. Her kind was dying because of her. She couldn't help but blame herself for it but she had to fight, they had to fight for their future. 

She pulled another one of her magic arrows and shot it towards the rogues. Her eyes looked around for Ciana, the one person she had to kill herself but she couldn't find her. She shot arrows after arrows while searching for her yet she couldn't find her. 

"Where is Ciana?" She asked in the mind linked yet no one could answer her as no one knew.

That was when she felt it. Someone had broken the barrier of Sverlia and there was only one person who could do that. 

Ciana!

Without thinking much, she teleported herself to the pack and gasped when she saw the blood mixed with snow on the ground. She ran past the multiple dead bodies looking for Ciana when she found her except she wasn't alone. She was holding Elestren by her neck.

"ELESTREN!" Scarlett screamed.

"You came just on the right time," Ciana mused. 

Elestren looked at her teary-eyed. She then looked at the headless body that was lying at a distance. Scarlett gasped.

"Ja...Jaden!" 

"Scar!" Elestren whispered, "Please! Look...look after Aurora!"

"El...Elester!" Scarlett watched in horror and the color started to drain from her face. A strange light emitted from her body and got absorbed by Ciana. Slowly, Elestren body started to lose age until she looked like an old woman. 

Ciana flexed her head, "The taste of life! I can never get used to it." She smirked and tightened her grip around Elestren neck breaking it.

"ELESTREN!" Scarlett yelled as she watched her body hit the ground. She felt the time stop as she fell on her knees.