⦃23⦄

APT 302

"Are you feeling well?" Chae questioned her sister after seeing her worried expression.

The two were in the kitchen cleaning up the lunch tableware, Chae was washing and Soo waiting to dry and put it away.

"Yup," Soora replied vaguely, absently playing with her lips with her fingertips. "Yun-ya? Have you ever been in love?" She asked as she picked up the last plate her sister had just washed, drying it and putting it away in the cupboard while she waited for an answer.

"It's not like I've had much time to think about boyfriends or anything," Chae replied with a shrug, demonstrating not to be very bothered by the subject. "Have you been thinking about Hoseok-ssi's proposal?" She asked looking at her sister out of the corner of her eyes as she rubbed the cutlery.

"He said it jokingly!" She quickly replied with eyes widened, and her face turning scarlet as she tried to reassure her sister and herself that it was all a misunderstanding.

"I know. But if he was serious... would you date him?" Chae questioned, stopping what she was doing to turn to face her sister.

"I-I don't know," she answered hesitantly, not keeping eye contact with her sister. "But what about you, aren't you interested in Hobi?" Soora deflected the subject.

Flashes of how well the two seemed to get along with each other passed through her mind and the fact that they had even gone out together a few days ago to a date... Since then, Soora had been watching their interaction, becoming more and more certain of their interest in each other.

"I barely know him, Sooranie. Yes, I found him interesting, hot, and fun, but he was in your life first and if you like him, I think you should try to explore that. He would be the perfect boyfriend for you." She spoke with complete sincerity.

"It's not that I don't like him, I like him a lot, but maybe he doesn't like me that way, and I don't want to spoil anything between us. I don't know if I could take it." She replied with a pouting expression and lowered voice as the words came out as if he was afraid of the very idea.

"You won't spoil anything, noona. You can't just think about the negative side of things and keep running. Think about what this relationship would bring positive for you. He is already your best friend, he is patient and understanding of your condition, and you are already intimate enough to sit side by side and hug. Dating is not much different from that." She explained convincingly and Soora studied her with a frown.

"I thought you never had a boyfriend."

"I don't need to date to know what relationships are like." Chae rolled her eyes, returning her attention to the rest of the dishes that needed washing.

"But do you think he likes me that way? As a woman?" Soora inquired in an anxious, almost squeaky tone.

"You're beautiful, fun, hot... liking you as a woman won't be hard for him." Her sister praised her, but Soora could not see herself in any of the characteristics.

"That's not what I asked." She crossed her arms, trying not to blush at her sister's words because, in the end, it was a compliment that felt sincere.

"I know, but I can't answer your question. As I said before, I barely know him well enough to comment on this."

"He seems to like you as a woman..." Soora stated and Chae immediately retorted.

"This isn't about me! And just because he finds me attractive doesn't mean he doesn't find you attractive too. He just met me, it's normal for him to demonstrate more clearly what he thinks about me, whereas he's known you for almost two years, and I wasn't here to see how he looked at you. When you settle down with one person you don't show as blatantly what you think of the other as you did in the beginning." She rattled on so fast that it was almost impossible for Soora to process what had been said.

However, even if it seemed like a speech of self-defense and some irritation, each of her words had a real weight on Soora's chest.

"You always have the right answer for everything. You seem more like the big sister than I do." She whimpered with a sigh.

"Silly." Chae splashed water on her sister, laughing at her comment. "But why don't you ask him that?"

"What?"

"If he thinks you're pretty." Soora's eyes widened at such a suggestion, and she quickly got ready to respond.

"What? No! I wouldn't dare."

"Aren't you the one who takes pride in the fact that in front of a computer, you can achieve everything you can't in real life?" She countered, and the sister was powerless to answer because she knew her sister's argument was right.

"Yes but..."

"Ask casually. There's nothing wrong with a friend saying things like that to each other." Chae insisted.

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Okay, I'll talk to him." She relented at last, but the situation itself had her nerves on edge.

Slowly Soora finished drying all the dishes and putting them in order, prolonging her household chores so that she could avoid the mission her sister had given her for longer.

At that moment she wanted to be able to leave the house with some excuse that she had something to do in the street, in order to delay that conversation, but her condition prevented her from doing so.

This made her more frustrated and determined to overcome her illnesses and with that in mind she made the decision that sooner or later she would have to tell Seokjin her worst nightmares. Only by releasing her demons would she be able to fight them and overcome her fears.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

*author's note*

What do you think Soora and Hobi's future is going to look like? 👀

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇