⦃ 5 ⦄

APT 301

Hoseok sat on the floor in front of a low table, where a few containers of ordered food were spread out. Yoongi tried to tidy up the space as best he could and scratched his nape before sitting across from his longtime friend.

"Forgive me for the mess. I still don't have appliances for cooking... or sofas and chairs to sit on." Explained.

Hobi looked around realizing then that the apartment was mostly empty. In a corner of the room, there were countless boxes still to be opened, not many as expected of someone who had just moved in. Dust was still piling up in the corners from all the time the apartment went unused.

"Sorry for the assumption, hyung, but it doesn't seem you were prepared to move." 

"You're right. But that's a story I'd rather not talk about for now." Yoongi retorted in a stern tone, giving no space to delve into the topic.

"Sure, sorry for the intrusion." 

"You don't have to be so formal with me Seok." Yoongi looked at him with sorrow. 

"Force of habit."

"Or loss of it. One day we were best friends." Yoongi's voice lost strength when remembering the past. 

Seeing the eyes of the youngest twinkle, he realized that he also felt melancholy for the memories.

"How are you? What did you do after you graduated?" Jung asked in an attempt to divert the conversation.

"What was expected of me. I went to America to train so that I could enter the KBL*." He said after shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh yeah, you wanted to be a professional basketball player," Hoseok uttered as he remembered seeing Yoongi all the time in the schoolyard playing basketball.

"My dad wanted that for me. Well, it wasn't exactly like I didn't want to, I loved basketball, but it was not my dream." Yoongi said with a dissatisfied grimace.

"Loved?" One of Jung's eyebrows raised, curious.

"Long story... But tell me about you? Did you go to university?" 

This was Yoongi's turn to change the subject. That way we will quickly lose a topic to talk about, Hobi thought, but maybe that's not so bad.

"Yes. I did PE, but now I'm specializing in dance, specifically street dance."

"I knew you would choose to dance. You were always very talented, always winning all dance competitions." The older remembered with a proud smile.

"Hyung?"

"Hm?"

"To be quite honest, I have other reasons to be here in addition to catching up." Hoseok started as he returned to a serious expression.

"Really? What reasons?" 

"Can you... look for another apartment to live in?" He questioned, going straight to the point. The older's eyes widened in shock and doubt that he had heard correctly.

"What?"

"Don't get me wrong, it's not that you're not welcome in the building, but I have my reasons for not wanting you or anyone in this apartment." Hoseok tried to get around the situation, but there was not much to ease things.

"I would like at least a plausible explanation to being expelled." He countered somewhat acidly, feeling hostility take over the environment.

"I can't give you the real explanation, but if you need one I can say that the house it's haunted." Hoseok tried to joke, forcing a smirk, but Suga was not having any of that.

"I'm not afraid of ghosts." 

"Rats infestation." 

"They could make good pets." 

"Cockroaches."

"I can find the number of a pest control company in two minutes." 

The squabble between the two seemed like a western challenge to see which one would fall first.

"You owe me." There was a long time of silence between the two.

Min sighed heavily and lowered his head. His hands resting on his hips dropped, and he nodded to Hoseok. He "owed" the Jungs a very high price, Yoongi just didn't expect Hoseok to use that "debt" against him.

"Just give me time to find another place," Yoongi asked, finally defeated.

"Please don't take too long," Seok asked, getting up from his place and walking out of the apartment, without even saying goodbye.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

*KBL - Korean Basketball League

n/a: Wow, what is it that Suga owes to Hobi for
him to have agreed to leave the apartment when until
then he was denying any lame excuse from the youngest? 
Place your bets!

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇