⦃15⦄

APARTMENT 302

It wasn't even 8 o'clock in the morning, and Hoseok was already impatiently waiting for the landlord to arrive. He had barely managed to fall asleep and woke up just a few hours later, looking impatiently at his watch. 

His luck was that Mr. Kang usually rose early in the morning to handle the condominiums' affairs and as soon as 7 o'clock struck, Hobi called him and requested his cooperation.

The man, who was a little over 60 years old, came running up the stairs and Hobi wanted to laugh at the situation; after all, it was the man's fault that the elevator was always broken. However, Jung didn't even have the strength to deal with the inside joke and just moved away from his best friend's apartment door to allow the man to open it.

"How is she?" The man asked with a dismayed look on his face.

"I haven't heard news from her yet. I will visit her as soon as I find the contact of a family member." Hoseok explained, and the man nodded, pushing the door open and giving way to the boy.

"Once the neighbor leaves I promise not to rent the apartment again." The man spoke up, concerned that he might have been the indirect cause of his tenant's hospitalization.

Hobi looked at the door to 301, and the thought of Yoongi actually leaving was beginning to affect him more than the fact that he was still there. In a sigh he nodded to the man and looked inside Shin Soo's apartment, remembering their fight the day before.

"If the apartment becomes vacant, perhaps I will rent it." He indicated to the man, knowing that it was unfair to the landlord who had been losing money for over a year with that vacant apartment.

Besides that, it was the only way he could guarantee Soora's emotional and psychological safety and his own. Even if he didn't earn that much money to rent an apartment on his own, he would find his way. 

Maybe he would need to give more dance lessons while he finished his major, or he would try his luck at a part-time personal trainer. One way or another he would find a way to stay in that apartment alone. 

Mr. Kang nodded at the comment and left, while Hoseok went into the house, leaving the front door open. He needed to find the keys to the apartment first before he closed that door again.

APARTMENT 301

Yoongi woke up slightly startled when he heard the sound of something falling in the background. With half-lidded eyes he sat up and tried to wake up fully, putting his thoughts in order and then slowly remembering what had happened the night before. 

With a sigh and a tightness in his chest, he remembered his neighbor, her tear-soaked face mirroring panic as her lips turned slightly purple from biting them hard while struggling to breathe calmly.

The memory affected him deeply, and he now fully understood Hoseok's overprotectiveness about her. More than ever he now needed to hurry out of that apartment, to bring back the peace and security that the young woman so desperately needed.

Now, more awake, in the silence of the early morning, Yoongi heard more clearly sounds coming from the apartment next door. Soon he recalled that Hobi had been left to look for the contact details of some of Shin Soo's relatives.